Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Bella is on a distinguished road
Default 1.3 Explain how different social, professional and cultural contexts may affect relationships and the way people communi

Hello all,

I am really struggling on this one....

(3.1) 1.3 Explain how different social, professional and cultural contexts may affect relationships and the way people communicate.

Anyone... Please!

Many thanks
XX

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-15-2012, 12:26 AM

chocolate is on a distinguished road

You could start by mentioning that people from different cultures communicate in different ways for eg if they are muslims they dont like to shake hands or have eye contact.
Unread 03-15-2012, 12:20 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i would do some more reading people who follow the islamic faith do shake hands though some women may not shake mens hands and they do make eye contact again there are some exceptions.
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:41 PM

chocolate is on a distinguished road

oh sorry i should of explained a bit more ..what i meant to say is some men who are practising muslims dont like to shake hands with a women and vise versa .some practising muslims men dont like makeing eye contact if they are talking to a women practitioner.
Unread 03-30-2012, 05:14 PM

mummybear is on a distinguished road
Different social, professional and cultural contexts may affect relationships and the way people communicate because of a lack of understanding of one another’s background and or/culture. There are several behaviours that may be perceived differently by people.

When communicating with others we need to consider the context in which we are working, we need to adapt the way we communicate in different situations.

We should also remember that different cultures will have their own norms of behaviour which may extend to gestures, body language and eye contact.
Unread 05-31-2014, 08:34 AM

bubbles24 is on a distinguished road

Explain how:
Social background
Professional background
Cultural background
affect relationships and the way people communicate

Please help me. Im all new to this and i feel that i am repeating myself when answering the questions.
I am really struggling now.

Many thanks to all who can help me xx