Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mummy22 is on a distinguished road
Default UNIT 097 Outcome 2 a/c 2 CYPOP15

Explain the process of how supportive strategies are selected and implemented to support children and young people's speech, language and communication needs.

Can anyone help with this question as really struggling with this unit! Thanks so much x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-03-2014, 11:22 AM

dee-dee is on a distinguished road

I have a head like a sieve! Cypop15 AC 1.3....
Provide examples of how current research evidence supports positive practice....
Am I on the right track with this answer?...
EYFS/SPECIAL NEEDS CODE OF PRACTICE
UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE RIGHTS OF THE CHILD (ARTICLES 23,28,29)
IMPLEMENTATION OF HIGH QUALITY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES WITHIN THE SETTING
KNOWING YOUR ROLE,DEVELOPING ROLE ie STAFF TRAINING/COURSES
INFLUENECES ON ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS ie KNOWING HOW TO ACT IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER AT ALL TIMES,RESPECTING EVERYONE,IDENTIFYING NEGATIVE BEHAVIOUR AND ADDRESSING IT APPROPRIATELY TO RESOLVE AND PRODUCE A POSITIVE OUTCOME.

Feel free to tell me I'm bonkers!! Though hopefully I'm doing some of this right!???
Unread 03-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

marshy is on a distinguished road
Smile

this is what ive put,

Within my setting I follow the recommended frameworks and guidance and if a child is not reaching their full potential I will contact the child’s social worker with my concerns and will also discuss this with my health visitor who could then refer the child to SALT (speech and language therapist) who will then develop an individual learning plan to help the child. If the child is of school age then they will be referred to SENCO who will then develop an individual learning plan to help the child to achieve small goals to enable them to reach the larger goal of their full potential. If the child still has problems following the intervention of has a problem that would be best dealt via an external agency then the SENCO will arrange this again for the child.
Communication is vital when working with children and young people. Positive practice is something I do every day, I show an interest in what the children and young people have to say, giving them time to speak, making them feel valued and that everything they say is important no matter how little or insignificant it may seem. If they felt like it was important enough to share then it is important to listen.
Communication is a key factor in children’s learning and development and it has now been made more of a priority over others areas of learning within the EYFS.
The EYFS also helps the practitioners to plan around the child giving them time to support their individual needs. The EYFS states ‘that practitioners must encourage children to recognise their own unique abilities and be valued as an individual’.
hope this helps, this unit is a night mare im stuck on 2.2 now!
Unread 03-03-2014, 05:03 PM

dee-dee is on a distinguished road
Default Thankyou so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
this is what ive put,

Within my setting I follow the recommended frameworks and guidance and if a child is not reaching their full potential I will contact the child’s social worker with my concerns and will also discuss this with my health visitor who could then refer the child to SALT (speech and language therapist) who will then develop an individual learning plan to help the child. If the child is of school age then they will be referred to SENCO who will then develop an individual learning plan to help the child to achieve small goals to enable them to reach the larger goal of their full potential. If the child still has problems following the intervention of has a problem that would be best dealt via an external agency then the SENCO will arrange this again for the child.
Communication is vital when working with children and young people. Positive practice is something I do every day, I show an interest in what the children and young people have to say, giving them time to speak, making them feel valued and that everything they say is important no matter how little or insignificant it may seem. If they felt like it was important enough to share then it is important to listen.
Communication is a key factor in children’s learning and development and it has now been made more of a priority over others areas of learning within the EYFS.
The EYFS also helps the practitioners to plan around the child giving them time to support their individual needs. The EYFS states ‘that practitioners must encourage children to recognise their own unique abilities and be valued as an individual’.
hope this helps, this unit is a night mare im stuck on 2.2 now!