Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Playwork and Out of Hours

Playwork and Out of Hours playwork, hospital play, library sessions, after school and holiday clubs .. post your activity ideas and queries in here ..

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 03-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

colesieswife is on a distinguished road
Default help please 316

hello im on my last assignment for playwork level 3 diploma and im struggling
on assignment 316 understand how to plan for and support cyp self-directed play task B and C

B) prepare presentation notes, summarising the types of support a playworker may need to provide for a range of differnt play types.

C) Research and produce a table listing 4 methods of consultation and explaining why they are important, provide an example of each.

i hope some one can help need to get this finished asap
thank you

Last edited by colesieswife : 03-05-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: missed a bit out

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-05-2018, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi,

B) prepare presentation notes, summarising the types of support a playworker may need to provide for a range of different play types.

The different play types identified by Bob Hughes are in the Best Play publication available as a free download on Play England

and these are from the NOS
communication play
creative play
deep play
dramatic play
exploratory play
fantasy play
imaginative play
locomotor play
mastery play
object play
role play
rough and tumble
social play
socio dramatic play
symbolic play

The national occupation standards require playworkers to be able to support self directed play by, quote
  • encourage children and young people to choose and explore the range of play spaces for themselves, providing support when necessary
  • leave the content and intent of play to the children and young people enable play to occur uninterrupted
  • enable children and young people to explore their own values ensure children and young people can develop in their own ways
  • hold children and young people's play frames when necessary
  • observe play and respond to play cues according to the stage in the play cycle
Help children and young people manage risk during play:
  • allow children and young people to experience and explore risk during play
  • identify hazards when they occur
  • assess the risks that these hazards pose in a way that is sensitive to the nature of the children and young people involved
  • raise children and young people's awareness of hazards and manage risk themselves
  • balance the risks involved with the benefits of challenge and stimulation
  • only intervene if the level of risk becomes unacceptable
C) Research and produce a table listing 4 methods of consultation and explaining why they are important, provide an example of each.

You need to consult with children, families and colleagues so that you're able to plan and prepare suitable play spaces
  • know why it is important to identify children and young people's play needs and preferences - (only they have the personal, cultural background information that enables this.)
  • different types of information you can use to identify play needs and preferences and how to access these
  • the barriers to access, including disability but taking account of others, that some children and young people may experience and how to address these
  • why it is important to consult with children and young people on play needs and preferences
  • the range of different types of play spaces that can meet children and young people's needs and preferences
Consider how your setting consults eg.
Meetings with Q&A sessions
Surveys, questionnaires and feedback forms
Do you ever get together at the end of an activity/session and talk about how everything went?
Home visits
Drop in sessions

Hope this helps, best wishes with the end of the course :)
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-05-2018, 06:08 PM

colesieswife is on a distinguished road
Yay thank you so much

i cant thank you enough for your help
Unread 03-05-2018, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

You're very welcome xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-04-2019, 08:31 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

harleyquinn247 is on a distinguished road
Default playwork level 3 316.2

im stuck on the question "summarise the types of support a playworker may need to provide for a range of different play types" can anyone help please? xx
Unread 08-24-2019, 12:41 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

bron1311 is on a distinguished road

Hi anyone done unit 315 play work level 3, just at the very beginning of this course any help would be great x
Unread 03-24-2024, 05:35 PM

jud.molko16 is on a distinguished road

Hi Ruth, you mentioned that it is important to identify children's play needs and preferences, but why?

For unit PW9 k11, I need to explain the way but I can't find any documents that specifically explain this and I feel if I use my words, this won't be enough to prove I possess the knowledge if this point so if you could guide me in the right direction, this will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!!
Unread 03-25-2024, 05:52 PM

jud.molko16 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jud.molko16 View Post
Hi Ruthierhyme, you mentioned that it is important to identify children's play needs and preferences, but why?

For unit PW9 k11, I need to explain the way but I can't find any documents that specifically explain this and I feel if I use my words, this won't be enough to prove I possess the knowledge if this point so if you could guide me in the right direction, this will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!!