Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Assessor & tutor forum

Assessor & tutor forum Continuing professional development. This forum is openly available to all looking for help and information on the A1 - Assessor Award. Supporting CYPW CCLD NVQ candidates and others undertaking professional qualification.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

markysgirl is on a distinguished road
employment

Hi,
I've been assessing for a year and i've just applied for a job as a home based assessor. Does anyone know how this works, as i can't see how an assessors job can be home based.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-10-2010, 10:57 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

it means they don't have to pay for an office, telephone, computer or resources. ythey rely on you not being very good at claiming expenses and make money that way as well as having low overheads. you are of course very isolated but also have the freedom to st your work to your own timetable and work from home when writing up etc. they give you students which you meet where you can at work, cafes libraries etc. ask about expenses computer payments telephone provision and most of all printing !!
Unread 03-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

starbabe is on a distinguished road
Default Home based assessor

How did your interview go? Would be interested to find out how it works with being a home based assessor - and what the hourly rate starts at!!
Unread 03-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

I went for a job as home based asessor and it was £7.00 an hour with milage of 40p a mile and 2hours pay per student per visit i discovered at interview.
i decided not to do it in the end and continued working at my setting.
Unread 03-20-2010, 10:22 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

£7 an hour!!! ****** hell the least i have worked for is 15!!
Unread 03-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

I did think it was not much considering the work involved and the responsibility.
Unread 03-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Also find out the hours they will allow for the whole award. Some of the training providers who pay the highest want candidates through in incredibly short hours. Work out the overall pay for the whole award then decide - you might find some rates which seem low in fact work out as more pay overall.

Good luck