Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 02-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Kathie is on a distinguished road
Foundation degree advice

Hi there just wondered have noticed a few discussing FD and i am thinking of doing this and then EYPS i live down in cornwall and wondered if you think i could get this training funded, some of you i noticed have mentioned you get help

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

I would expect you could apply for funding - are you working within early years? in my area if you are working in a school funding has to come through school, other than that as long as your working in some kind of setting they seem happy to fund FD then EYPs.
xxx
Unread 02-11-2009, 10:45 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

a lot of councils are using the graduate leader fund to pay for existing staff to train. in our area they cover 90% of the fees. contact your childcare dev officer asap. have a look on the ou site to see possibilities or your local college in some areas they even cover cover costs for your setting
Unread 02-11-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
a lot of councils are using the graduate leader fund to pay for existing staff to train. in our area they cover 90% of the fees. contact your childcare dev officer asap. have a look on the ou site to see possibilities or your local college in some areas they even cover cover costs for your setting

You put that so much better than me tutu

xxx
Unread 02-12-2009, 12:10 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

not too many spelling mistakes either which makes a change!!!
Unread 02-13-2009, 05:30 PM

sorry for not responding sooner up to my eyes in builders and mud as we have been given 42,000 from family services for a long awaited extension of toilets and outdoor play area with a roof. I run a sessional preschool do you think that would help towards funding thanks for your responses
Unread 02-13-2009, 06:31 PM

Hi there,
You need to contact your development officer to see what's availble in your area as each one has different criteria, in my area a sessional pre-school is OK - but they don't offer it.............you have to ask them!!
xx
Unread 02-19-2009, 10:38 PM

watgem is on a distinguished road

Hi Kathie you really need to speak to your early years department asap, I'm hoping to start my foundation degree this year, I live in Somerset and ours will be run by Worcester uni as an outreach and I believe that Cornwall's is too and Worcester uni give each student a bursary of between £500-£700 per year depending on circumstances. We have also been told we may be eligible for a maintenance grant, maintenance loan and tuition loan again depending on personal circumstances, and after April we should be able to apply for graduate leader funding, but this is dependant on us working in early years . Hope this helps and good luck
Unread 02-20-2009, 12:16 PM

Thanks for that will get on to it asap there's so many bits of info to try getting your head around it's not made easy is it
Unread 02-28-2009, 07:34 PM

watgem is on a distinguished road

Just found out yesterday I have been conditionally accepted for september as long as i pass a medical and the crb check, just got to sort out the finance and get my head into study mode again, good luck with you, yes there is a lot of work before you even start the course lol!