Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 08-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

tlr.x is on a distinguished road

Yeah definitely, the manager of my placement said there's a job at the end of it, but I have to be working towards my level 3 :)
Have you done yours?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-09-2010, 08:06 PM

Meena is on a distinguished road

Thats good! yep i completed my level 3 in june. im starting a foundation degree in early years in september, cant wait to start :) if u want any more help with ur level 2 and 3 u can mail me ok xx
Unread 08-09-2010, 08:07 PM

Aw thanks very much :)
Is the level 3 much harder? I hope not! haha
So what are you hoping to work as? After the degree..
x
Unread 08-09-2010, 08:12 PM

i didnt do a level 2 so i dont know lol but level 3 aint hard, its jus alot of writing!!!! and alot the units link within eachother. iv heard its similar to the level 2 but u jus gota go into more detail. after my foundation degree i want to do another full time year to top it up into a BA honours degree and then im moving to Dubai to teach there :):)
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:04 PM

Sounds adventurous lol!
Yeah that's what a lot of people have said, that you just go into more detail.. but I've gone into quite a lot of detail anyway so hopefully should be a bit easier :)
How long did it take you to do the level 3?
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

ray is on a distinguished road

hiya i also put that self confidence and high self esteem can also help protect children from abuse its covered too in the points about child protection so your assesor shsould cross reference it
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM

it took me 2 years because i took a 9 month break cuz of health reasons. n nope i didnt hav a baby hehe :P and i took my time doing it. my friend achieved it in 7 months, so it really depends on how much time u giv it. how long u been doing ur level 2 for? and how much u got left? oh yh it also depends on ur assessor.
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:35 PM

Erm I started the actual nvq about the end of August last year, but I was still busy doing my tech cert as well so it was a bit of a struggle.
Been doing it nearly a year now, got around 30 questions left and a few PC's. Just really started sticking in the last few weeks though, just want it to be over lol :)
My assessor's absolutely useless, she's only been out to my nursery twice and the last time was March.. done quite a lot though just gotta wait for her to do a few more assesments really :)
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:44 PM

assessors can be very useless! mine was like that. but u gota haras them lol well i hope u get it completed soon :) so after uv achieved ur level 3 what u planning on doing? or have u not thought that far yet?
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr.x View Post
My assessor's absolutely useless
Hiya, if you've concern enough to post this publically you should get in touch with your course provider to ask what's happening. Tackling things like this professionally will help ensure you have the support you specifically need xx
the cost of ad blockers