Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 09-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

04zog is on a distinguished road
General question Cache level 3 observations

Hi

I'm really panicking and wondered if anyone would mind if I had a look at the observations you one or some help....just hit a wall....

Thank you

------------------------------------------------------------

Development plan - activities for individual children

Activy plan for observing creative and physical development - adapt title to other areas of learning

-----------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

misssparkles is on a distinguished road

hi I'm not quite sure what you are asking for? Do you mean the observations that your assessor does on you in the workplace?
Unread 09-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

04zog is on a distinguished road
General question Obs

It's what they send you before they come round and she has asked me to send her an activity plan with a rough guide to how I'm going to cover each element I'm totally not getting it....

Show through interaction with individuals you respect their beliefs, culture, values and preferences

Demonstrate actions that model inclusive practice to support others promote equality

Implement holistic activities to support child's development

Listen to children or young people and communicate Ian way that encourages them to feel valued and partipate in decisions which effect their lives and the services they receive

Support childrens positive behaviours

Demonstrate how to identify potential hazards to health and safety. And security of children families visitors and colleagues, demonstrate how you deal with those hazards in the work place

Complete a risk assessment of the setting explaining how its implementation will reduce the risk and how it I monitored

Demonstrate how to listen and build relationships

Select and use appropriate communication methods for different circumstances

Prepare set out and implements planned holistic activities for key children, engaging them effectively to encourage participation (activity plan required)

Demonstrate safe supervision for supporting childrens safety when receiving and departing the setting and du ring offsite visits (may need to write off site part)

Demonstrate how o support childrens personal care routines

Demonstrate methods of providing support and taking into account age, specific needs abilities home langue and communication development show how the setting uses the environment to provide effective support

Plan (2 x activity plans) and implement activities to promote speech language and communication for children in a
1:1 basis and group

Demonstrate how you resepctfully provide physical care for babies and young children culturally and ethnically (adhering to preferences of parents carers) regarding skin hair teeth nappy area

Show assesor the plans and routine log which you have completed to meet individual needs regarding health and development

Organise and demonstrate how you provide physical exercise supporting individual needs relevant for age stage risk challenge

Complete a risk assessment to ensure safety

Demonstrate in your practice how to promote creativity

Demonstrate how you prepare a formula feeds 5:2

Be able to develop the enviroment to support young children's creativity and creative learning

And so on thanks for taking your time to respond I'm totally losing how to write this up
Unread 09-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

misssparkles is on a distinguished road

That's a lot of criteria to cover in one, does she want you to provide 1 plan in preparation to observe you in all these areas? I would think of an activity you could do with a small group of children, then look at which of these criteria you could cover with this activity. Write up your plan with step by step guidance on what you are going to do, then match it up to the criteria you need to achieve. You can then look at the criteria left over, and work out how you plan to achieve them. For instance, if you make up formula feeds, ask a colleague to sign a witness statement to say so, if not, then you could include it in a professional discussion with your assessor. I hope this makes sense, and has been some help. Taking it in bite sized chunks will help
Unread 09-29-2013, 05:53 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

these are all the things she wants to see and is perfectly reasonable at level 3 you will have done simpler ones on your two these are building on them. if however this is not what you do everyday then i suggest you do a level 2 course and learn the foundations.