Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 08-14-2007, 05:55 PM
jellybaby

Default 'day and night'

hi guys! anyone got any ideas they can share on a 'day and night' topic hoping to start in autumn term? hope all childminders are having a great summer!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Hi jellybaby! I was having a lovely summer til it started raining again! Bit fed up of it if i'm honest!

Day and night - we did over a week of moon and stars recently to tie in with the Japanese tanabata festival.

Also we like to read 'can't you sleep little bear' and 'whatever next' plus there's a lovely elephant story about getting tired and going to bed that you can use for sequencing and role play - can't remember the name now

Enjoy! Sarahx
Unread 08-15-2007, 06:26 PM
littlesheep

How about looking at the British wildlife - which animals come out in the day time and which come out at night?
Unread 08-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road

make a den inside draw the curtains, get sleeping bags and torches and teddies have a slumber party! Talk about clothes we wear in the day/night, make beds/bedding for the dolls/teddies and pj's, there might be suitable night/day clothes on making friends.com or you guys could make your own. nursery rhymes like "down at the station early in the morning" making pictures using night time colours and daytime colours. play the animal soundtracks game and talk about which animals are nocturnal and which aren't will write down more later if I think of some hope that helps
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:37 PM
jellybaby

hey thanks for the great ideas guys! hol are nearly over, then back to planning........., at least i've just finished my nvq3 in ccld! never thought i would get there!:rotfl:
Unread 08-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

busybee is on a distinguished road

Congrats Jellybaby for finishing your nvq3 ccld, nearly finished mine, how long did it take you?
Unread 08-29-2007, 10:08 PM
jellybaby

hi busybee, it took me about 7 months to complete, although i had a year to do it, i worked at it most weekends! (good job i have such a patience family!), hope all goes well with yours.