Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 07-25-2016, 04:33 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jod91x is on a distinguished road
Default Ccld Mu 2.10

Hi I really need some help regarding CCLD MU 2.10

-Describe how the UN convention on the rights of the child promotes the importance of play
-outline the value of risk and challenge in children and young people's learning and play?

thanks
jodie

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-28-2016, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, use what you've learnt about the UNCRC to describe how article 31 ensures countries know children have the right to play, to freely choose their play and to self direct it.

If you have the CYPW level 2 handbook pages 373+ of MU2.9 help

Quote from page 384

The Value of Risk and Challenge
With any challenging situation there comes an element of risk. Rather than avoid risk althogether, which can restrict children's development and learning, it is important to allow safe risks and consider how these challenge children and help them develop. To be able to identify challenge and risk in play you must first be able to understand what these risks are.

Physical: learning to crawl, walk and run. Managing tools and equipment such as scissors and knives. Managing environments including uneven pathways, slippery surfaces

Intellectual: taking on a challenging experience, trying out new activities, developing use of logic and common sense

Social and moral: peer pressure as children get older, venturing out beyond parental boundaries eg. coming in late, going into town. Social pressures eg. resisting the persistence of others to try drugs and/or alcohol. Developing an understanding of boundaries and rules

Benefits of risks and challenges in play
: teaches children about personal responsibilities, helps children to manage equipment correctly and safely, helps them to identify the limitations of their own capabilities, helps children to understand their actions have consequences, helps them to understand what is acceptable and what is not.

Hth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-13-2016, 01:10 PM

Hi Ruth

'Describe what is meant by unacceptable risk and challenge in children and young peoples play and learning'

'Support children or young people to explore and investigate during play activities'

the textbook doesnt give me that much information regarding these 2.

hope you can help.

thanks
Jodie
Unread 10-13-2016, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, which handbook do you have?

'Describe what is meant by unacceptable risk and challenge in children and young peoples play and learning' this is a quote from page 385 of this level 2 book

When is risk or challenge unacceptable?
It is important that any practitioner can recognise when a risk or challenge in children and young people's play and leisure goes beyond the limit of acceptability.

When something s beyond their capability
When something is beyond their understanding
When their is no supervision or support
When there is no guidelines
When health and safety are not taken into account

Page 386 looks into each of these

TDA 2.16: Support children’s & young people’s play & leisure

'Support children or young people to explore and investigate during play activities' - is this something that your assessor will visit and see you doing in the setting?

To reflect on your practice, it'll be about how you help and support the children as they engage, explore and investigate activities. How you use open ended questions (how, what, when, why, tell me, show me) enable child initiated and led activity and not over-direct an end result. Page 444 looks at the different types of activities you may have in the setting - sand, water, paint, construction, malleable materials and the variety of materials you can provide to support exploration.

Hope this helps
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-19-2016, 03:19 PM

Hi

I've been looking at the CACHE textbook on the college library website, I don't have access to the textbook you have sent the link to. so i'm a bit unsure of how to answer these questions.

The second question was something that my assessor was supposed to observe but she didn't so I now have to answer it.

thanks for your help
Jodie