Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 04-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

portchesterqueen is on a distinguished road
Crossfingers Reading List books!!

Hello to everyone,
:reading:Just wanted to know if anyone else is having trouble finding books on their reading lists, and if anyone knows of any online sites for academic journals (not abstract but complete)?
The reason i ask is that there are about 14 on my course alone and our library does not hold enough books from our reading lists to cover everybody, so it's first come first serve basis. I cannot afford to buy all of them as there are about 32 listed for the first two semesters. I have managed to beg steal or borrow some, so i am looking for online sites for info......
So please please if anyone has any suggestions can you post them i'm sure other eys foundation people would appreciate them as much as me!! and probably nvq's would find them just as useful
regards
portchesterqueen

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by portchesterqueen View Post
Hello to everyone,
:reading:Just wanted to know if anyone else is having trouble finding books on their reading lists, and if anyone knows of any online sites for academic journals (not abstract but complete)?
The reason i ask is that there are about 14 on my course alone and our library does not hold enough books from our reading lists to cover everybody, so it's first come first serve basis. I cannot afford to buy all of them as there are about 32 listed for the first two semesters. I have managed to beg steal or borrow some, so i am looking for online sites for info......
So please please if anyone has any suggestions can you post them i'm sure other eys foundation people would appreciate them as much as me!! and probably nvq's would find them just as useful
regards
portchesterqueen

you should be able to access some good e-journals online - but you need to ask at your uni as they are accessed through 'athens accounts' (or similar).

xxx
Unread 04-07-2009, 08:55 PM

Default Athens online journals

Hi cabin
Thank you for reply. I do have an athens account but everytime i try to access it - it directs me somewhere else! It is sooooooo frustrating.
I was told that you could access questia and Eric sites using your uni logins, but i have not managed to do so yet? Not sure if this is true anyway. The problem is i am at a college until next June as they are cohorts of southampton univesity who i am enroled with so we do the first 18 months there then the last 18 months at southampton where i bet i would not have a problem with books as they house one of the largest libraries i've ever seen.
If you have any other ideas i'm all ears!!
wonder if we could have a sell board for people that have finished courses and want to sell their books?????:idea:

portchesterqueen
Unread 04-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

This website is quite useful.

http://www.ttrb.ac.uk/

Perhaps we could share usefull links instead!!

I had similar probs to you when studying through 'college campus' linked to uni - it's so much easier once in the uni itself......... Although still not enough copies of books, well I suppose there's just lots more people!...... I always wait a few weeks then request them from library in the hope I'll get them ready for when I write the assignments - usually at the very last minute.xxx
xxx
Unread 04-08-2009, 10:43 PM

thanks for the link cabin, looked over it and seems quite useful. Good idea about posting useful links. Many thanks for your help.
portchesterqueen