Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 02-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sarah.payne is on a distinguished road
Default how many units are there to the level 3 diploma

Children's and young.peoples work force? In my folder I have 20 units including my optional units that are tutor gave us. We wasnt allowed.to.chose which ones.to do. Thing is I have been totaling the unit value up and the credit value is only 67 I thiught u need to have 75 credits to pass. I have spoke to my tutor and she said It's right but now I'm worried to do all this work and then.they say u havent got eniugh credits

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi Sarah, I did 22 units which gave me 65 QCF points, maths, English and paediatrics tests and I passed. Your tutor should be assigning you enough units to ensure you pass the diploma - trust in her. If you are still worried go back and talk your concerns through with her - she will be the only person able to put your mind at rest.
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah.payne View Post
Children's and young.peoples work force? In my folder I have 20 units including my optional units that are tutor gave us. We wasnt allowed.to.chose which ones.to do. Thing is I have been totaling the unit value up and the credit value is only 67 I thiught u need to have 75 credits to pass. I have spoke to my tutor and she said It's right but now I'm worried to do all this work and then.they say u havent got eniugh credits
Hi Sarah

i was told by my tutor and the guidance i was given by CACHE that you have to complete 65 credits or as you say you have done 67 credits, i did 67 credits too, this was because the optional units are different credits some are 6 credits some are 5,4 and 3, so it depends on how many units you do because of the credit value, i had 4 optional units to take me beyound the 65 credits in total, some people go dead on 65 credits they have still completed the level 3 diploma because that is all you have to do. I chose my optional units but i went for the optional units that i would use within my work role but i then had to do an extra unit because i was 1 credit short. i finished with 20 units in total because i did 2 optional units that were high in credits thay were 11 credits for 2 units.

Don't worry providing your credits are over 65, you shouldn't get any more work.

Lynne
Unread 02-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sarah.payne is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much both I'm glad I am doing about the.same credits as everyone else. I didn't want to get all the eay through and then be told i need to do more work to get it up to the right credits or fail as i havent done enough. I am such a worries and worry about everything.
Unread 03-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

kas14 is on a distinguished road
Default units

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah.payne View Post
65 credits to pass, i am working on doing 20/21 assignments to get my 65, i've done 11 assignments so far and got 27 credits but most of them have been worth about 2 or 3 credits x