Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > EY's Downloadable Documents

EY's Downloadable Documents Find a wide variety of working documents to download and support daily practice - indexs, policies, assessments and more

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 03-24-2015, 06:39 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jacquiharbinson is on a distinguished road
Default small group planning sheet

I have devised my own small group planning sheet based on 6 areas of learning and the possible outcomes from each (in NI so this is what we work with). At the top I have the idea or concept I am wanting to put across, then below that the resources I will use to achieve this idea. So for instance I wanted to extend our large group nursery rhymes to include a new individual finger puppet for each child on Humpty Dumpty. We created our own cut outs using the oval shape and children attached hands, eyes, mouth and nose as well as the wall he sat on.

Question I want to ask is this ... is it normal to have a planning sheet for this type of small group activity. Obviously not every day will be a craft activity, it might be a simple thing like talking about Easter and recording what the children are saying so a planning sheet will not be necessary as it will be our job to listen and take note of who says what then develop it further.

I would do a planning sheet on a monthly basis around the children's interests and also have a long term plan but this group activity is something I want to plan on say once a week basis or maybe more.

-----------------------------------------