Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Festivals, Faith and days of celebration > Halloween 31st October

Halloween 31st October Have fun with your planned Halloween activities and enjoy the resources in this forum that aim to support a love of the holiday, celebrate local communities and promote children staying safe

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 08-07-2006, 02:07 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Pumpkin Crafts

I'm not sure if this has already been posted - I can't find it anyway....

Paper Pumpkin Crafts It look like good Halloween fun to me!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road
Default Pumpkin and Golf Tee Activity

This is not my idea but Doodah's. I'd like to thank her for it. We did just as she suggested and it was a big hit. It was just in a general posting and I feel it would be better here under Halloween so others can enjoy the activity - even if they have to wait until next year.

Needed: Pumpkins Golf tees (I bought 100 for 99p off ebay) claw hammers

pumpkins - we halved these and saved the seeds for a gluing activity.

once halved we placed them on plastic mats skin side up

we used plastic claw hammers (from our brio mec set)

children then hammered in ( and took out) golf tees into the pumpkins.

some children pulled them out with claw hammers and some by hand - others left them in and were pulled out by other children. The tees went in remarkably easily and came out likewise.

We bought 3 medium pumpkins and cut them in half so they were stable and more children could utilise the activity at any one time.

This activtiy was enjoyed by children from 2-5, some spent 'ages' on it and others came back and forth during the week. An activity that was very popular and we will be repeating.

Thank you Doodah.