Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Playwork and Out of Hours

Playwork and Out of Hours playwork, hospital play, library sessions, after school and holiday clubs .. post your activity ideas and queries in here ..

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-08-2006, 11:57 AM
smurfette

some advice please

hi
i am wanting to do some afterschool work maybe just picking up from school and looking after a child/children for a couple of hours. i am a qualified nanny/nursery nurse but havent worked for a while. how do i go about advertising myself and do you think anyone actually needs someone just for that as i know nannies are normally full time or nanny share. your thoughts and advice would be most helpful.
thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-08-2006, 03:44 PM
cybertwin

we have lots of childminders in our area that do just that. pick up from school and look after until p[aretns collect.
you will need to get yourself registered as a childminder if you are doing this as a "job".
not sure on exact rules.
a good place for adverts might be the school you want to pick up from
Unread 07-08-2006, 06:20 PM
smurfette

Thank you

thankyou, i didn`t realise i would have to be a childminder as i have done this before quite a while ago and i was a nanny so i thought i would use that job description again.
Unread 07-09-2006, 12:05 AM
cybertwin

although, thinking on it, you will only need to be a childminder if you do it in your own home. you could nanny at their home
Unread 05-04-2008, 01:44 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you only need to be registered if the kids are under 8. put posters up in the schools nad library. but of course if you have under 8s you need to register with ofsted and they, the under 8s will directly impact the number of over 8s you take as they will be the focus.