Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mingomez is on a distinguished road
Help SOS How can a child’s relationship with a parent be affected by having only restricted or supervised access?

Hi, new to all this and in need of a bit of help please!
I am doing the Cache level 3 Diploma CYPW.
I know that having restricted access can cause a distant and weak relationship with a parent, but I need a bit more info to make a good paragraph. Can anyone help with how restriction can affect the relationship with the parent?
Thanks to anyone who can help. x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

npearce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingomez View Post
Hi, new to all this and in need of a bit of help please!
I am doing the Cache level 3 Diploma CYPW.
I know that having restricted access can cause a distant and weak relationship with a parent, but I need a bit more info to make a good paragraph. Can anyone help with how restriction can affect the relationship with the parent?
Thanks to anyone who can help. x
I have just answered this question and put :
They may feel that they are being punished for doing something, but they don’t know what they have done.
There may be displays of unwanted behaviour, for example anger, frustration or even reverting back to behaviour that would be expected from a younger child.
The child may feel unloved and let down or even betrayed.
The child may be very emotional, angry and shouting one minute and crying the next.
During the restricted visit, the child may want to show affection but may feel intimidated to do so.
After a visit a child which may have previously settled, may be emotionally upset and could show unwanted behaviour again
The new carer or temporary carer of the child may have different rules to those in which the child is visiting which could be giving mixed messages to the child
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mingomez is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I did it in the end. Similar to the answer I submitted, which is a relief! Just about to start 'Health and Safety' and 'Physical Development'.