Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 07-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

AnnieC72 is on a distinguished road
Default PLS HELP!! CYPW Level 3 Diploma

I need to know 'ways of working with carers to promote well-being and resilience in children and young people'... Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys - here are a few pointers - hopefully it will help.

• Parenting programmes
Parenting does not come naturally to many people but is a skill that is developed and honed over time. Occasionally parents lack confidence in their own abilities and this can affect their children’s confidence. Parenting programmes can help build confidence and resilience in parents by giving them the skills they need to be able to parent. It may be through programmes focusing on behaviour, pre- natal programmes to develop confidence in new parents, positive parenting sessions. By building confidence in parents and carers abilities you are building confidence in the child. They look to their parents for guidance and support and their parents, through these programmes can feel equipped to provide it.

• Family learning
A lack of education can result in a lack of confidence. Parents and carers are less likely to be involved in their child’s education and may not be equipped to support their child’s learning. This can lead to negative feelings within the child about their own abilities. They may not view education as important. It can also mean the child is growing up in poverty as a result of their parents being unable to gain good employment. Numeracy, literacy, I.C.T., English languages etc., lessons provides parents and carers with the skills and the confidence to support their children’s education. It gives them a better understanding not only of what their child is learning in school but the pressures they may be experiencing. It also allows them to seek better employment, giving them and their children a more positive outlook. Practical support to help address health issues such as stopping smoking or healthy eating can be provided. This helps educate the parents and carers about leading healthier lifestyles so their children enjoy better outcomes.

• Parental engagement
Having parents interested in and involved in their child’s learning and development is key to a child’s well being and resilience. Parents and carers need to be given the opportunity to be involved and to have a say. This shows the child that their parent’s views are important and that they have influence of their care. It also shows the child that their parents and carers are interested in them and reinforces in the child’s mind that school and home are connected and that the team of adults around them are working together for them.
best wishes
Mrs Noah
Unread 06-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

carriep is on a distinguished road

Thank you Mrs Noah x
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Trisha101 is on a distinguished road

Thank you Mrs Noah, I was really struggling with this one but reading your points helped me to remember all the courses my local school and children centres provide.
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lprkr4 is on a distinguished road
Default unit headings,cypw 3

im doing the cypw3,ive been looking at different threads on here,bit baffled as my unit headings seem to be 051,052 etc and the threads on here seem to be numbered differently,am i being extremely thick lol ?
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

No your not!!! none of mine have any unit headings that appear to match! I tended to look for the words in the unit rather than the number - made things easier!!!
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lprkr4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsnoah View Post
No your not!!! none of mine have any unit headings that appear to match! I tended to look for the words in the unit rather than the number - made things easier!!!
excellent,thank you x