Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Assessor & tutor forum

Assessor & tutor forum Continuing professional development. This forum is openly available to all looking for help and information on the A1 - Assessor Award. Supporting CYPW CCLD NVQ candidates and others undertaking professional qualification.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

losh1978 is on a distinguished road
Default A1 Question

Hi all,

I've just started the a1 course but then lost funding for it. I now have new funding with a different company. My question is this were do you get the assessor paperwork from when marking up your candidates? my old company said that I couldn't design my own but if I were to go into business myself then surely I would have to design my own. Any feedback would be greatful. I also have 2 candidates ready and who are being assessed through another centre also but the centre assessors are trying to say my new funding company have to find me candidates is this correct as I dont see how it would be when I approached candidates and they agreed that I could assess them.

Thanks all

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-05-2010, 07:11 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you cant be in business as an individual you would have to be part of a cache registered centre which would of course have their won paperwork. you cant just be an assessor. you have to have candidates from the company you are working for why would another company give you theres if your not working for them now? you need to have a think about how this works an assessor is part of a huge wheel you cant just be out on a limb there wouldnt be any structure for quality assurance, you can work for a few centres but every centre will have their own candidates and procedures and paperwork
Unread 04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Hi losh

If the candidates you found are already enrolled and possibly have funding through the other company then unfortunately they will have to stay with this company. If not then perhaps they could be enrolled with the new company you are doing your A1 through. No, you cannot design your own paperwork, as paperwork used by an assessment centre has to be approved by the external verifer and all of the assessment team assessors need to use the approved paperwork provided.

Unless you are planning to set up your own assessment centre you would not be able to go into business yourself. All assessors need to go through an assessment centre which is linked to an awarding body (this could be City and Guilds, Cache, Exdel etc)
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

losh1978 is on a distinguished road
Default thankyou

Hello there,

Thanks for that information you have given me, has given me the insight I needed.

Lorraine