Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 08-16-2016, 03:32 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jod91x is on a distinguished road
Default Mu 2.9 conflicts or dilemmas in relation to sharing information

I'm probably thinking too much into this but can someone help me please

Explain where there may be conflicts or dilemmas in relation to sharing information with partners and maintaining confidentiality?

Thanks
Jodie

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-17-2016, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, from page 262 of the level 2 handbook

If you are being asked to share information with partners but also to maintain confidentiality, conflicts or dilemmas may well arise. One of the most difficult decisions that you may have to face as a practitioner is when you feel you want to share information that you may have been asked not to disclose. This can often relate to a matter of safeguarding the children or young people in your care.

As a rule you should always talk to your line manager if you feel you are placed in such a situation, however guilty you may feel at breaking a confidence. Avoid discussing this with other colleagues, however much you may trust them.

Hope this helps
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-18-2016, 11:19 PM

Thank you, would an example be.. if suspecting child abuse within the setting?

Also for OP 2.11, encouraging and rewarding positive behaviour
I've answered it but just got to give an example for encouraging and rewarding positive behaviour to carers? Can you help me please?

Jodie
Unread 08-22-2016, 09:57 PM
Administrator

examples might be if a child tells you they are being hurt, you notice bruises, maybe clothing smells unclean, describes watching inappropriate TV programmes; do you dismiss this information as probably nothing much or do you report it to someone?

Do you talk to the parents of your setting?
How do you encourage them to encourage and reward their child's behaviour?
maybe you speak positively about daily events and celebrate children's achievements using smiles, eye contact and genuine praise?

Do you know what to say to parents who express concern at their child's different behaviours? biting a sibling, screaming demands. Do you brush them off because you feel unable to help or do you say you'll find a way/someone to help?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-26-2016, 12:34 PM

Thank you, I have finished that unit and sent back to my assessor.

For SHC 23 Identify which legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity and discrimination apply to own role, I've listed a few but I need to say how they apply to own work role.. what should i be including?

Thanks
Jodie
Unread 08-29-2016, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Hi, what does your role involve and what legislation and codes of practice have you already listed?

The Equality Act 2010 impacts on how we work by ensuring discrimination is recognised and challenged appropriately.

If you have the level 2 handbook it has good reading on pages 24+

Hope this helps a little
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-29-2016, 10:56 AM

Hi this is my answer so far and the feedback I've had from my assessor

Outlined below are legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity and discrimination that apply to own work role, all settings have policies and procedures in place that must be followed at all times including Equal opportunities policy and Special Needs policy. Within my setting we have an Equal opportunities policy and a Special needs policy in place that is followed correctly on a daily basis. The policies bring together all the main points from various acts.

• Conventions on right of the child UN 1989
• The Special Needs and Disability Act (SENDA 2001)
• The Race Relations Act 2000
• The Equality Act (2010) – this act brings together all previous acts relating to equality and discrimination, in my setting we have an Equal opportunities policy that must be followed at all times, it states that all children and adults within the setting are respected and their individuality potential is recognised and all children with special needs have equal access to the nursery wherever possible.
• The Human Rights Act 1998
• The Special Educational Needs and Disability Act 2001

For 2.1, if you this about what the legislations say about equality and
diversity, what does that mean about the way you should treat children or
adults from a different culture or with a disability or need, does your
setting need to provide specific access or facilities for disabled? What
about adapting activities? You need to saybhowthe legislations relate to
your day to day practice.
Unread 08-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Hi yes, you've listed the legislation but only said that you follow your setting's policies and procedures without explaining how that happens in practice.

You need to look at your role/the jobs you do in the setting and why you do them. Which parts of your employment job contract mention treating children equally, valuing diversity, inclusion, what discrimination is and how you challenge that?

What do you know about each of the legislations and what they expect you to do?

Do you greet every child equally when they arrive at the setting and leave at the end of their day? how do you do that?

How does your setting organise it's meal or snack times?

What are your toilet and hand washing facilities like? would anyone be able to use them easily?

Is there a ramp or a lift in any part of your setting? why

Are buzzers, letter boxes and bells in accessible places? why

Does your setting have disability parking for parents?

Do you change and adapt activities so that every child is able to take part if they want to?
eg. differentiating by
  • having large balls with smaller balls
  • taking indoor activities outside
  • making sure adults supervise large climbing/bouncing equipment so that support can be given and smaller equipment is available for independent use, making sure each child's learning and development needs are met.
  • are the tools and resources varied? eg. learner scissors and independent scissors, easy grip crayons and narrow crayons. Did you ever ask for different food cutlery so that a child can feed themselves instead of being fed by someone else? recognising their potential.
Hope this helps a little
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-29-2016, 01:10 PM

The thing about this question is I haven't been teached anything about this question in class because it says 'Identify' we we're all told that we only have to list. so this is why im struggling with this question, It's stressing me out now. and as I'm a student I don't have a contract within in the setting?

In my setting I treat all children equally throughout the day, by doing this I give them all a chance to pick what they would like to play with.

Snack times and meal times are around the same time each day and the children are alot happier knowing theres a routine.
Also we dont have a ramp in my setting or a lift.

I'm probably thinking too much into this.
and the book you have mentioned i dont have access to and cant access it online

Thanks
Jodie
Unread 08-29-2016, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Even though you're a student you should of been given a list of all the jobs the setting expects you to perform, or maybe your college gave you a list?

Can you also ask your tutor which handbook you need. Some colleges have online access, others say you'll need to buy a book yourself. It will be very helpful.

No ramp? is the setting on one level, without stairs or steps?

xx
the cost of ad blockers