Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 07-07-2017, 06:07 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Nanotrout is on a distinguished road
Default challenging discrimination.

Morning, so I need to find research on challenging discrimination. I have gone through all my books ect but cant find anything and the internet isn't helping either.

the 2 questions are:
why it is important to challenge discrimination
[u]Include examples of how you would do this within a setting[u]

The other part is about How an inclusive environment can reduce discrimination

(sorry I keep posting on here its just the sooner I complete my coursework the better)

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, is this the book you have? page 123/124 is good reading

Whilst it is against the law to discriminate against anyone because of their age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability, it's also morally wrong to single someone out or target a group of people just to make them feel bad about themselves or to prevent them from taking part in something.

Discrimination can occur colleague to colleague, parent to parent, parent to colleague, colleague to parent, adult to child/ren and children to children.

This thread lists the potential impact of discrimination and shows just why challenging it is so important as it also means the person discriminating understands what they're doing and has the chance to change things.

Think about your workplace experiences for examples to use, has a child ever said they don't want to play with another child because they are a different gender, skin colour, speaks a different language, has a different accent or maybe a group of children have stopped another from joining in with them because they were a 'boy or a girl'?

Is everyone encouraged to use the dressing up clothes on offer? Has anyone ever commented that boys should be firemen & girls should look after the dolls?

Is discriminative language ever used? 'they can't come they're in a wheelchair' 'I'm not buying dairy free foods it's not our fault they have an allergy' 'We're not reading that book our country doesn't like refugees', name calling individuals who wear glasses, braces or body shape.

How you react in these situations should be guided by your setting's policies and procedures for staff conduct, inclusion & equal opportunities.

There's more useful reading on page 39 of this level 2 handbook. Open the 'look inside' feature and search for the word discrimination then click the link to page 39

Hope this helps a little xx
the cost of ad blockers