Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 05-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Laura30_03

Default 305 k3p236 : how inequalities are embedded

can anybody help i really cant get my head around this one!

how inequalities are embedded in our society in all geographical areas.

ive actually got a headache through thinking about this would be so thankful to anyone who has any ideas about it!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

for the headache & I'm not surprised tbh

Unit 305 - Protect and promote children’s rights

How inequalities are embedded in our society in all geographical areas.

There seems to be many aspects to this and I'm not quite sure how indepth you're meant to go.

The moral & well being aspect of this k&u that would ask how Children are condsidered and thought of. What and how important their ideas & own thoughts are and what influence they have, are allowed to have on decisions that involve themselves. How they are protected from harm and included on the reasons involved.

The second aspect could look at service provision and the more social aspects of inequality when protecting & promoting Children's rights - with geopgraphy in mind.

In which case the K statement in general could be mistaken as discriminative by assuming inequality is embedded, but by understanding that although things may of been done and dealt with in a certain way before, it doesn't have to mean that's the only way to do them.

Both words cover BIG big areas Inequality and geographical

Geographical location, circumstance / situation.

Inequality is absolutely anything that says one is less or more than another for any or whatever reason.

How inequality might be seen to of become embedded could be through the denial of access, how Children are able to grow and be brought up, a lack of funding, channels to express concerns or ask questions, the inability or chance to make changes individually, locally or wider .. or possibly not being able to reach the people with access and decision making skills / power.

Why inequality might be seen to have become embedded could include reasons of health, religion, disability, funding, attitudes & personalities, provision of things that make life easier - For geographical reasoning look to see how many Dentists, clinics, opticians, doctors & post offices etc are located in a particular area and how does this potentially effect the people / children and Preschool nearby ?

Inequality may also come down to the way services are managed geographically - centrally and more broadly - Councils, Committees and meetings. How local culture allows for diversity.

From access to toilets, with & without a disability to their opening times and cleanliness !!

Preschools have face to face contact with the Children on thier register and can become a 'system of protection against inequality. That system may possibly become part of a larger system but they should always have everyone best interests at the core.

Hth .. let me know what your tutor suggests should be covered
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-18-2008, 11:29 PM
lovelysoo

Thanks Ruthierhyme - that has given me a different aspect to look at this knowledge, my assessor suggested in regards to the geographical areas we live : -

Other peoples perception (especially if individuals have moved locations) eg. If you are from Liverpool (like my husband) people's perception, is that you are a thief - which is soo true (peoples perception that is, not that hes a thief!!) hes always getting joked with, about things going missing and not leaving your wallet around.

So if a family (new to area) are regarded as thieves they will be treated as such. missed opportunities, discrimination etc.
Unread 02-02-2009, 04:53 PM
angeliclu

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysoo View Post
Thanks Ruthierhyme - that has given me a different aspect to look at this knowledge, my assessor suggested in regards to the geographical areas we live : -

Other peoples perception (especially if individuals have moved locations) eg. If you are from Liverpool (like my husband) people's perception, is that you are a thief - which is soo true (peoples perception that is, not that hes a thief!!) hes always getting joked with, about things going missing and not leaving your wallet around.

So if a family (new to area) are regarded as thieves they will be treated as such. missed opportunities, discrimination etc.
This question doesn't ask what the equality is as such but how equalities are embedded within our society so my answer for this question was:
Inequalities are embedded in our society in all geographical areas. It is not possible to identify where within home countries or different geographical areas certain prejudices or stereotypical believes are held because they are widespread and complex. Assumptions that is this not the case may in fact be based on stereotypes. Inequality and stereotypical views are passed down through generations and cultural beliefs. Also through lack of education and integration of cultures and disabilities. People fear what they do not know and if they do not know it they will stay clear of it through social embedded beliefs.
using the above example (the quoted one) would be stereotypical and therefore would not reflect what the question was asking it is only confirming a stereotype.

Last edited by angeliclu : 02-02-2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: sentence did not read clearly.
Unread 02-02-2009, 05:02 PM
angeliclu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 29 View Post
Hi I just joined this forum, and at the same time racing to finish my Level3 childcare course.
Can anyone help with this question in 305.5 K3p236, it a slight redirection re the post above ,

"What negitave effects does this have all children-this must include those not directly experiencing the inequality themselfs"

Please can anyone guide me?

Lve Suzs x
This question has the same basic reply as K3P235 effects of discrimination so your answer should sound something like this:

The negative effects of inequalities on all children: including the negative effects on the children who are not themselves directly exposed to the inequality can be:
 Missed opportunities that may affect the child’s experiences and therefore impact on development.
 Low self confidence and low self esteem.
 Little sense of self-worth or self-value.
 Confused identity
 Fear of rejection.
If one child is stopped from participating within a group, then the rights of all children to participate equally alongside one another are affected. Children should not be exposed to inequality regardless of whether they are the target of it; they should not be introduced to discrimination this is after all criminal behavior.

Hope this helps
Unread 09-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

foncused.com is on a distinguished road
Default im dizzy

thanks for all this... I am pretty new to this.... just worked out how to search for answers rather than opeing another thread

this one is soooooo confusing, still not 100% what to actaully write...