Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD

Training, Qualifications & CPD These forums contain details on different courses, ideas and links to help with opportunities in many aspects of continuing own and groups's personal development. If you have any questions or can help with information relating to training & further education .. firstly thankyou and please feel free to use these forums .. NB: All Silkysteps forums are public - Please post responsibly and professionally & always get in touch if needed ..

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 01-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Contributor

donnamac is on a distinguished road
Default CSE grade 1 English not an equivalent query any more

Hello,

I wonder if anyone is experiencing this. I have been doing my EYE course for 8 months, my maths O level and CSE grade 1 English certificates were scanned at the beginning and I heard nothing else, so I thought all was ok. I've now been told my cse will not be considered an equivalent and I will have to do GCSE English.

If any of you are experienced enough to remember cse's, a grade 1 was always considered the same as an O level grade C. My tutor says their hands are tied as this has come from the Skills Funding Agency (I will be ringing them on Tuesday)

I have checked with Ofqual, national careers service and checked dept of education website and I cannot find any clear information and they seem to concur that CSE grade 1 is still ok.

I'm aware that some other qualifications have not been allowed but I would be grateful for any one who has experienced this, or has any helpful advice.

I am not concerned about doing the GCSE, but think I am being given incorrect information.

Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-21-2016, 09:22 PM
Contributor

donnamac is on a distinguished road

Hello,
Took me sometime to get to the bottom of this but thought it was useful if anyone was in the same position.
This is all to do with it being an apprenticeship. They want everything at GCSE level and CSE is not an equivalent in their framework. A normal route would allow it.
Unread 03-28-2016, 06:09 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

no it does not apply it is too old to be considered equivalent. HOWEVER if you are just doing your level3 it does not effect the pass it just means your future employers need to support you to get your gcse or you need to do it. if you are doing an apprenticeship you wont qualify until you have taken it