Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 11-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

victoriawade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip squeak View Post
It is unbelieveable you have not met your assessor yet! In a previous post you said you have done 302 / 307. These are both very visual units and should be observed by an assessor. I would contact your training provider and complain.

You ask what I do um... not sure I want to say reading some of the posts on here!

I am an NVQ assessor, verifier and trainer ... ok I will duck now!!

Many of you seem to be getting so little support ... I will help out where I can

I will have a look at the options again but your tutor may well be advising suitable ones considering your job role.

I have looked at the options 337 would definitely fit in with the work you are starting, 321 if you are working with children with special educational needs. 308 is another possibility.
hi

no,im doing a part time college course,in on a mon evening.... we've been doin 302 and 307,my tutor gave us a few questions on 303 last week,its a big 1! thats the 1 we needed a special educational needs child for. Ive just started in my placement and its with yr5's.im helping out with 3 boys that need classroom assistance..........

last week our tutor read out wile we took notes what we had to write as a plan for our assessor.to cover 302 its all about welcoming her,showing her the first aid,fire points,explaining who the children are handed over too(walked down to door with teacher,3people on list etc) then for 307 she will be assessing us on a pe session....she told us to do an obstactle course.........

some woman have said their assessor has rang them,but theyre 1s that have been in placement longer,i was waiting for my vetting..... im finding it hard because we just go into college,be given the work,some notes and just have to get on with it...... theres only so much u can do in the 3hrs in class,so its great to have a place like this to look at ideas and get some help x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sarah w is on a distinguished road

thankyou! I have found the self appraisal form and can work from that, will evaluate how i do obs and planning, have only been in this job 7 months so havent yet had an appraisal. thanks again x
Unread 11-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthagardiner View Post
I'm studying part time at college covering the knowledge part of the course. I know my assessors name, but she hasn't been in touch yet so haven't had an observation so far. We're still covering the knowledge for unit 301, but may well be given the rest as homework tomorrow and then we move onto unit 302. The course details I have seem to indicate that as well as the mandatory units we will all be doing units 306 and 307, but the other 2 units are up to us. I plan on doing unit 310 and 339 (as I'm the SENCO at work - although am new to the post).

Sam

303, 310, 339 should flow nicely together. Observing the child, linking to curriculum frameworks (EYFS if you are working with this age group) planning for individual child
Unread 11-22-2009, 07:29 PM

victoriawade

Your query on chronic illness, on another thread, will fit in well with the pe session.

That's good planning to show your assessor safety aspects of your setting. Sounds as though the colleage are preparing you to meet your assessor soon. You will start enjoying your award more once you mix colleage work with some practicals.
Unread 11-22-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah w View Post
thankyou! I have found the self appraisal form and can work from that, will evaluate how i do obs and planning, have only been in this job 7 months so havent yet had an appraisal. thanks again x
Remember evaluate what you do too! Not just the activity. Activity evaluation is G8 for 303/309. 304 needs you to reflect on your own practice.
Unread 06-28-2010, 03:05 PM

fudge007 is on a distinguished road

I dont quite understand the personal development plan, but has been told that if i do it well it will cover a LOT of units...its laying it out and what to include...any one done one? thanx.
Unread 06-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge007 View Post
I dont quite understand the personal development plan, but has been told that if i do it well it will cover a LOT of units...its laying it out and what to include...any one done one? thanx.
Hi and welcome.

This thread has a set of downloads that may help, and this reflective practice thread also has some document links on that can help - reflective practice enables you to see what gaps are missing and what you could look towards - development/developing or forward thinking. By writing it down you can map out information as a plan so that it looks like a series of how to get theres..

Enjoy the site
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-28-2010, 06:57 PM

shaz03 is on a distinguished road

hiya im doing 303 and really struggling with it...theroists and theoeries???arrgh cant wait til this unit is finally done.
Sxx