Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 11-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Jules1309 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS supporting teaching & learning level 3 ncfe

Hi im new to this forum and have just started supporting teaching and learning level 3. I am working in a primary school and decided to take this course to further my career,i am doing this as a home study course. I have just completed assignment 1 and sent it to my tutor who said he couldnt mark because 2 questons which are: 1) analyse the importance of early identificatin of speech,language &communication delays and disorders and the potential risk of late regoniton and 2) evaluate the effect on children and young people of having positive relationships during periods of transition. He sent it back saying i need to use a variety of evidence such as observation, report based, witness statement, discussion or reflecive diary or reasearch. I feel so deflated as i was so proud of the fact that i had managed to finish the first assignment having not studied for over 20 years. Can anyone suggest which type of evidence i should use for those two questions and how i would go about it. I feel like giving up is there anyone who can help me please i paid for this course myself i cant afford to lose the money, with two kids to support.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Honeybun is on a distinguished road

Hi there
Welcome to the group of the bewildered doing this course!!!!
For task 10 I did a profesional discussion about a little girl in reception who had hearing problems, what support she was getting and what problems she would encounter if she didn't get that support.
For task 14 Could you not do a refelctive diary, Have your kids moved schools, how did you prepare them for that or what the reception teacher does to prepare the children for starting school (professional discussion)

Like you I haven't studied for soooo long and struggled with the course at the start. I include as much evidence as I can, probably more than i need to but policies, photos, reflective accounts of things that happen at school, reflcetive diary of doing an activity, pictures of me doing that activity. That sort of thing. You'll get used to it.

Hope this helps

Chris
Unread 11-12-2012, 03:28 PM

Thank you Chris ive already done a text based answer but yes I could do a professional discussion as well, im still not sure what kind of evidence I should be collecting, with the discussion how would i go about it ive neverdone anything likethis before and for the diarywhat sort of things are you collecting/writing. I feel this is going to take me alot longer than a year

Jules
Unread 11-12-2012, 04:49 PM

Hi Jules
When I've answered a task I sometimes back it up with a professional discussion. Just a chat with the teacher about something relevant you are doing in that task, type it up and she signs it!

I've started doing a reflective diary every time i go into school (I only volunteer one day a week) If we do an activity I put the date, class, what the activity is. Then I put plus points, what was good about it, minus points, if it went wrong and then at the bottom, how i would change or improve it.
If we don't have an organised activity i just do a diary about the day. Any behaviour problems, health and safety issues, that sort of thing.
Someone suggested it to me when i was on task 3 and i keep refering back to it and include an example day in other assessment topics.

I originally thought it would take me a year but just finishing task 6 after 11 months. I did have a house move and family crisis that took two months out but thats no excuse.

Chris
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:55 PM

Hi Chris you have been great things feel a little bit clearer, I work as a Teaching assistant one to one with a child in yr 3 in a primary school. I also works as a lunchtime supervisor and after school club assistant, i presume i should be using this to my advantage but just felt i should get the text based answers done first. so for the reflective diary can i write about everything i do for those 3 jobs, should this be submitted as part of my work placement the 50 hrs or should i use the diary to answer some of the task for instance assignment one task 14 like u said. how would i set it out if diary is based over numerous days or weeks how would i use it to answer just one question if that makes sense, how would i show that ive answered that one question in lets say a diary for a week that may not be relevant to that question. help now im typing and even that doesnt make sense .
Unread 11-13-2012, 10:49 AM

Hi Jules
Sounds like brain frazzle!!!
It took me ages to do my first two assignments because you have to get your head round so many things they are asking for - different types of evidence, the way it's set out.
I'm no expert. I'm just finishing assignment 6 and had them all passed so can pass on any tips i have.
Chris
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:27 PM

Hi Chris Did you print off all the policies and legislations for assignment 2 and did you collect anything from your school like safeguarding, health and safety etc. Once I get the first assignment marked I will then feel like I'm on the right track but for now reluctant to start assignment two in case I'm doing it all wrong. Looking forward to hearing and thank you for taking the time to reply to me let a lone help me.

Jules
Unread 12-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

stonenat is on a distinguished road

Have just registered on this saite...........is it amazing as it seems. Have just started NCFE Level 3 Supporting Teaching & learning in Schools through a home study course, have already completed Level 2 which I did in 9 weeks however this has blown me away. I am in a primary school 3 days a week and have started answering questions on assignment 1 however not sure if I am answering them correctly or if I am just waffling!!!! Any advice or support from you ladies would be brilliant. ;))))
Unread 01-18-2013, 03:02 PM

cwaring is on a distinguished road

hi there! I'm new to this site but reading this thread has made me realised I am not alone in my concerns! I started in September doing the level 3 supporting teaching and learning. So far I have only submitted assignment 1 and 2 and feel SO far behind already! but its just such hard going with so many tasks per assignment! I have received borderline passes for my first two assignments and I am totally confused as to what evidence to give when. I seem to keep writing 'reports' and adding anything Ive learnt in my time at school placement into that. My tutor is not particularly very helpful and just says that I need to refer to my course study notes (which are pants!!!!). can anyone out there give me any idea how to set out each task?? are you all using the sample sheets given in the file? im so confused about it all and getting stressed!!! I have a degree so I figured I should be able to manage this!!!! But the study notes etc are not very explanatory at all are they? has anyone got any examples to tell me of what evidence they gave for unit 3 on health and safety so that i know if im heading in the right direction????

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 01-18-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: removed course provider name
Unread 03-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

stonenat is on a distinguished road

hi Cwaring, how are you getting on now. I am on Assignment 4 and slowly getting my head round things. Have done assignment 1,2,3 and have had them all signed off with glowing remarks so if you need any help just give me a shout.