Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 09-02-2008, 06:52 PM
powell

Default nvq 3

Can anyone tell me what happens when you finish your nvq , does your work get graded . My friend has just completed level 3 in teaching assistants course and got an a and a b , do we get graded as well .

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

hazel lol is on a distinguished road

Am I right in thinking you get a pass, credit or distinction?
Unread 09-02-2008, 07:02 PM
powell

that ll be good a distinction being the best i presume
Unread 09-02-2008, 07:05 PM

Yes
Mustn't mention the "F" word but then I assume in an NVQ you can't?
My level 2 was graded on this format but was the old EYCE now replaced by CCLD. Someone else in my setting has done level 2 in this and I'm sure she was graded in the same way.
Unread 09-02-2008, 07:36 PM
powell

sorry whats the f word im a bit slow
Unread 09-02-2008, 07:37 PM

Dare I say it?

FAIL!
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:14 PM
powell

oh i see i dont think you could fail could you ha ha
Unread 09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rubycat is on a distinguished road

NVQ's are assessed by your assessor who makes a judgement as to whether you have submitted enough good quality evidence for each unit. If they think you have, they will sign the unit off until all the units are complete. In the meantime the assessor will have the portfolios checked by an internal verifier who will send for your certificate if she thinks you and your assessor have completed the portfolios adequately. There are no gradings to NVQ's you either pass the units individually if you dont complete on time or you claim the whole award if you complete all the units on time. I hope this helps you. I dont understand the gradings your friends have got unless they are following another course like Cache. in which case you would get either a pass, merit or distinction.
Unread 09-09-2008, 10:12 PM
powell

thanks a lot for your help x
Unread 09-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

I have done my level 4 CCLD through a private company, like you say once the units were completed and all neccessary check made they were signed off.

My colleagues have done their level 3 CCLD through a college, they have been given questions through which they can achieve a grade such as A, B, C etc depending on how much information they put in the answer.

I feel this should be done to all NVQ's regardless where you do them, as someone who is maticulous and does plenty of research with full indepth answers gets no more recognition than someone who put little effort into their work with very little research, but can still pass their NVQ. With the grading system you will be able to see instantly who put in the effort and who didn't