Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 10-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

holly305 is on a distinguished road
Default cypop 7

Hi can someone help me please on 1.2 Explain current theoretical approaches to creativity and creative learning in early childhood.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-27-2011, 01:25 PM

my assessor told me to explain the approaches Nature or nurture and cognitive theories?
Unread 10-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi guys - just done this one I googled the following;

cognitive
constructionist
socio-cultural
behaviourist
lateral
theory of play
high scope
Howard Gardner
BF Skinner
Edward de Bono
reggio Emilia approach
Montessori and Steiner

also Tutu mentioned ken Robinson had a look at his work - makes for interesting listening and gives you some thoughts and ideas give it a look.

hopefully this will help get you started

best wishes

Mrs Noah
Unread 10-27-2011, 03:48 PM

thank you. Have you done 1.3? critically analyse how creativity + creative learning can support young children's emotional, social, intellectual, communication + physical development. I've done it but my assessor said to add limitations and analyse?
Unread 10-27-2011, 04:43 PM

I've just started that one but got distracted by my son's history homework - seems much more interesting at the moment!!!
do you think your assessor might want you talk about how far we can let creative learning be child led and at what point do we become leaders rather than observers? are there any limitations in children accessing creative learning in terms of learning needs/disabilities. can this way of learning suit all children? My son struggled in early years with creative learning but excelled when it came to sitting at a desk and reading and writing - so is creative learning dependent on a child's preferred style of learning?
oh dear - think I might be rambling here - if I am ignore me!!!
Unread 10-27-2011, 04:51 PM

Sorry Holly - gone away, ironed a shirt and sorted my rambling mind. When we discussed this in my group we noted that high achieving children - those who found reading, writing, maths easy struggled with creative learning - they found themselves out of their comfort zone, whilst middle to low achievers found creative learning beneficial. so in terms of SPICE it will only benefit children who feel comfortable with that style of learning. I guess that would be its limitations.
Unread 10-27-2011, 11:27 PM

thank you very much Mrs Noah.
Unread 10-28-2011, 12:15 PM

Hi Holly - just finished this unit - also talked about gender/race - boys can struggle with creativity and some ethnic backgrounds come into conflict with creativity - such as African and middle eastern - viewing academic learning as more important than creative.
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jaackystaar is on a distinguished road

hello,
I was just wondering if some of you could might help me as Im really stuck with cypop 1.3
critically analyse how creativity and creative learning can support young children's emotional, social, intellectual, communication and physical development.thank you
Unread 03-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Madiha is on a distinguished road

well what i did was think of an activity for creativity and creative learning

for example creative learning ( cooking activty) as there was an outcome that needed to be achieved. Now how does that affect their SPICE.

for creativity-( Role play) This is something children do spontaneously, theres not outcome... they just do whatever they like. so again how will this affect their SPICE

Hope that has helped.