Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 03-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

jessica is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Unit 5 K2H82 Help Plz

Hi everyone , I need some help on unit 5 K2H82 as it says that I need to write info about: Different types of food allergies and the importance of following setting procedures to ensure children are protected. I'm not sure about what food allergies I have to write about and should I put the info into a table??

Any help will be much appreciated x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Ann-Michelle is on a distinguished road

Food allergies inculde nut allergies, citrus friut allergies like orangers and kiwi's.
It can also include dietry requirements for other cultures like how they are not allowed to eat meat, pork, fish, beef etc.
Unread 03-28-2010, 07:03 PM

Thank you Ann-Michelle
Unread 03-28-2010, 07:10 PM

Smile

No problem. I am doing my level 3 just now so i have knowlegde of level 2 as i have already done it.
So if u need help with anything else just let me know and i will try my best 2 help u or even give u an answer for u 2 put in ur own words. I find level 3 pretty hard and am thankful i have a friend who has done it and helps me out.
Unread 03-28-2010, 07:13 PM

Oh right that's cool, thank you I will :), good luck with your course x
Unread 03-28-2010, 07:26 PM

No problem and thanks, good luck with urz 2.
Can u tell me how i post a thread on here as i have just started 2 use this website 2 day and done one but it came up as a poll.x
Unread 03-28-2010, 08:27 PM

Hi, ok you have to click on the forum link on the top of the page and then choose what forum you want to post a thread (such as NVQ 2 CCLD). Then at the top of the forum it says NEW THREAD and you just click on that and post a thread. Hope this helps :) x
Unread 03-28-2010, 09:22 PM

flipflop is on a distinguished road
Biggrin help needed

Hi Ann, there loads of allergys but what you need to do is go on an anaphalaxis awareness training and it will be a great help as that is what it is about, allergies.
Meantime the allergies can be nuts, pulses, citris fruits, penicillin, creams and lotions, shampoo, perfumes, dust, latex, wool, and lots more. They all have different levels of reactions but are still allergies, but some are life threatening. Hope this helps. Ask your manager about the training it is very helpful.
Unread 03-28-2010, 09:24 PM

Hey, it was jessica that needed help for the allergy thing. Lol.
I need help with continuing professional development!! have bn doin this training all day and its starting to fry my brain. Ha ha
Unread 03-28-2010, 09:39 PM

flipflop is on a distinguished road
Biggrin ann

sorry Ann, it was supposed to be Jessica wasnt it. Tried to edit it but lost it. Been at this all day and just switched off for a while to see if i could help someone else.
Continuing professional dev is all about you and what you think your next step is going to be. svq 4 possibly. Do you have first aid, anaphalaxis awareness training, child protection,food and hygiene, games training, arts and crafts training or perhaps a weakness at something and you recognise some training would help like effective leadership training or confidence building not that your not confident, please dont ence. Hope some of this helps.