Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 08-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Hannahlg

Default Help with 303

I have neally done 303 now but im a bit stuck on 3 knowledge questions

K3D209 - The influences on how chilren develop and what these might mean in the context of them children you are working with

K3D213 - There are competing theoeies of how children develop and how current theoretical view influence practice

K3D214 - that childre ndevelop at widely diffrent rates, but in broadly the same sequence

and help would be great

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

hazel lol is on a distinguished road

Hi Hannahlg

Have a look at my post re K3D209 as a starting point a little further down to this one. I got most of my info from the web.

I think assessors also look at the list attached to this standard, so ensure you choose some from the list - it can be used to get you started too.

Good luck
Unread 08-21-2008, 11:17 AM

ok..... you could search premature babies health or something like that and look through answers, how about nhs direct for prem babies?

I also talked about alcoholism, drug abuse and depression in parents and how this may influence a child's development: neglect, self esteem, etc and cited the information I got from www.nspcc.org.uk/inform/research/Briefings/ in my assignment.

I also talked about opportunities to play - physical, social, communication impacts, etc

For diet, I got a lot of information from the Food Standard Agencies website - www.eatwell.gov.uk - this site details different stages of development ie what children should eat at what age/stage and also what not and why. (also good for info on food allergies/intolerances)

Then I talked about hearing and visual impairments as noted in my other post.

Googling things does need time and patience and you don't always put in the right words initially - but the findings can be surprising.

Hope this helps.
Unread 08-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Hannahlg

but which bits of fimation cover which knowlegde question?
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:28 AM

K3D209
Unread 08-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Hannahlg

so what about the other 2 knowelge questiosn hwich i am stuck on?
Unread 08-22-2008, 03:35 PM
powell

h ave you got candidate hand book by miranda walker answers all in there x
Unread 08-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Hannahlg

but there not i allways look in thier first and i cant find nothing for them 2 knoweldge questions
Unread 08-22-2008, 03:54 PM
powell

k3d14 this is what i put children of the same age will not reach all of the milestones at the same time ,some children will achieve milestones earlier than accepted rates of development and some will reach them later . thesame child may be ahead of suggested norms in other areas . eg a child may crawl earlierbut begin to talk later. children tend to develop in broadly the same sequence eg babies will roll over beforethey sit up and can say one word beforethey string two words together . hope this helps i have had this marked so i know its ok x
Unread 08-22-2008, 04:02 PM
powell

also cant tell you word for word cause i wrote so much but i just wrote about jean piaget ,lev vygotsky,skinner,bruner and how we use them today look on page 227 of candidate handbook .