Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 11-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

jessica is on a distinguished road
Unit 206 K2D103

Hi, K2D103:The kind of objects that engage children’s interest at different ages and with different needs and abilities. I don't know what I am suppose to do for this, am i suppose to write about the different types of displays? x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-26-2010, 08:40 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

what resources toys THINGS do they want to play with? what captures their imagination their interest? nothing to do with displays
Unread 11-26-2010, 08:49 PM

Will take that on board tutu

Last edited by jessica : 12-10-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Unread 11-26-2010, 08:52 PM

Doodah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
Hi, K2D103:The kind of objects that engage children’s interest at different ages and with different needs and abilities. I don't know what I am suppose to do for this, am i suppose to write about the different types of displays? x
It means toys!
Unread 11-26-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodah View Post
It means toys!
Oh right ..... well that was embarrassing :blush:, you can tell my brain is on overload at the moment. But the CCLD textbook was talking about displays .
Unread 11-26-2010, 09:29 PM

Hi, my tutor wants me to write list objects that engage children’s interest with who have additional and special educational needs. She wants me to list these objects of interest for children with -down syndrome, autism and hearing impairment. Could anyone please help me with this ? Thanks x

Last edited by jessica : 12-06-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Unread 12-05-2010, 04:49 PM

Any ideas would be much appreciated x
Unread 12-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

dee.s.g is on a distinguished road

when i did this i had to do a chart with age in one column 0-6 months, 6-1yr,1-2yr,2-3yr,3-5yr,6-8yr,8-12yr,12-16yr, then in next column i had to write a learnng experience, then in third column i had to write , differentiation.
basically how each experience would suit the whole age range and how you would make sure it does, ie
0-6 months - experience : baby gym - diferentiation : this is one they lay on which plays music, has moving bits as well as touchy feely bits underneath. this gives them something to focus on from birth and benefits them as they grow and start to move around.
and for 2-3 i did painting and how they would have diff colour paper as well as diff sized brushesand their fingers etc
hth
x
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:01 PM

Thanks you dee, I have done this one now x

Last edited by jessica : 12-07-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Unread 12-07-2010, 11:25 PM

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
Hi, my tutor wants me to write list objects that engage children’s interest with who have additional and special educational needs. She wants me to list these objects of interest for children with -down syndrome, autism and hearing impairment. Could anyone please help me with this ? Thanks x
Try and think of what children with down symdrome, autism and with a hearing impairment would enjoy - a child who has a hearing impairment may feel more confident playing/having a story read with a just a practitoner and another child instead of in a large group situation where everything may sound 'muffled'; they may like to play with instruments where vibrations are produced as well as sound - these objects/activites may help a child with a hearing impairment, but it doesn't necessarily mean that will hold their interest - which may be playing trains, painting etc.

Children with autism interests can lie in very different directions - some children with autism like things that spin - so toys with wheels or a spinnng tops are enjoyed.

Children with Down's symdrome interest's will lie with their development progress, they may be in the motor-sensory stage and they may like toys/activities to reflect this or they may need their gross motor muscles strengthening, but are unable to push/turn pedals, but a small scuttle bug is just right - low enough for them to sit on comfortably, it supports them and they can move it back and forth as they practice.

These are just some suggestions, but remember every child is an individual whether they are a sen child or not - their interests may well be the same as another child without sen - you just have to adapt. The assessor wants to see what you understand by suggesting what a sen child may like- and something that any child can attempt without getting frustrated goes a long way towards satisfaction/enjoyment.

I hope this helps.