Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 05-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Contracts

Have had my letter of employment for September,it is a charity run preschool run by parents,the letter is signed by the new manager and the Chairperson who also will be working there and at present does supply work.In my eyes this is not right as she should not be working and being Chairperson??the letter should not have be signed by the new manager as he is employed by the parents? The contract is for one term,should this have any holiday entilment?will be working 7 hours plus maybe a extra two for lunchclub and planning meetings ,one to two hours a week.
The contract does not say about terms of notice,resigning.
Help!I think I know the answer but need someone to tell me!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jph is on a distinguished road

You are right, as your manager the Chair cannot employ herself - there is absolutely no way she can do both roles. As for your manager signing the contract, again it is the employer who does this, not another employee.

Under the Working Time Regulations a worker who has been continuously employed by the employer for 13 weeks is entitled to a minimum of 4 weeks paid holiday per year. So if your term is at least 13 weeks long, you will be entitled to the equivalent of one weeks pay.

Any contract, whether temporary or permanent, should contain the relevant terms and conditions. Legally, this should should include:
• Employer’s and employee’s name
• Job title or brief job description
• Date employment began
• Date on which the employee’s continuous period of employment commenced
• Place of work and address of employer
• Amount of pay, how frequently paid and by what payment method
• Hours of work
• Holiday pay, sick pay, pension and maternity/paternity pay arrangements
including entitlement to public holidays
• Notice period
• Expected end date if the role is temporary or fixed term contract
• Grievance and appeal arrangements
• Disciplinary rules
• Any collective agreement

There is an excellent guide on Devon`s EYDCP website re- staff recruitment -
http://www.devon.gov.uk/recruitments...onguidance.pdf

Good luck.
Unread 05-08-2006, 06:55 PM

Default Contract

Oh I knew really but how am I going to tell them? Ask to speak to the chair?who apparently is a silent one as no one will take the role.
The other worrying think is that no ones pays insurance,tax etc and you just sign a piece of paper saying what you have received.
Unread 05-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Patsy

Chloe,you dont need to pat tax etc.above a certain age.Sorry if you havent reached the milestone yet.As its only temp take out self assesment ,not to difficult.You need to have a proper pay slip all the same as you have to declare it if they arent deducting.
Unread 05-09-2006, 03:27 PM

Default Age!

I have another 2 and a half years before that my dear!! :gnasher: :sorry: :talktothe