Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 11-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

Jayne....I just know you are going to get along great on here....you have made me smile big time

The question is....will the world of early years education be ready for you!!!:rotfl:
xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Along with ESA - Education Support Assistant seems you could also look out for a LSA - Learning Support Assistant position as well !!

Jayne I can't think of any one better qualified to 'fill the place up lol, make sure you let us know as soon as you get a reply to any or all of your application forms
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Jayne

The deadline is 14th Dec, so got ages yet to wait.

I'm already coming up with great fund raising ideas for the school if I get it. I can tie my Hubby to a chair and let kids chuck wet sponges at him for 20p a go, I used to enjoy sponge chucking when I was little, but now we can charge extra by saying we are chucking sponge bobs.

Oh it's going to drag on and on.

Jayne
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:19 AM
cybertwin

jayne you have a fantastic sence of humour, good luck with the job hunting (otherwise come and work for me, but is a little commute - you would prob need the 747!)
Unread 11-30-2007, 01:16 PM

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

Good luck Jayne.
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Jayne

Thank You all.

I got a reply this morning and i've had to fill an official application form in now. I sent my CV and a letter the other day and thought that is all they would want, but apparently they need to know if i'm pink with blue spots on too

It's got me worried now as they asked for two references? I've been self employed for over 15 years now and all the places I worked before, have shut down. I've put my bank manager and old accountant down, hope they will do. I did put I was a member of Silkysteps and all you lot would help me if I got the post, as you are all lovely cuddly woodly people

Other than that my Husband would have to give me a reference and I can just imagine the fun he'd have with that.

Jayne
Unread 12-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Jayne

I had an interview this morning and I was so nervous I kept going blank when they asked me something. I still have a cold too and was trying my best to sound like I didn't have one. I managed to hold any snottyness in, until I left the building..lol

I really hope I get it, the school is lovely and the teacher and head lady who I spoke to were really nice. I'm sure the kiddies could smell my fear though, they kept giggling at me before I went in for the interview.

Jayne
Unread 12-18-2007, 05:21 PM

Air is on a distinguished road

Jayne
I so hope you get the job.....as to snottyness..part and parcel of the job...as is paint on your best sweater, wee patch on your lap, and glitter in your hair!!
Fingers and toes crossed
x
Unread 12-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Jayne

I've just had a phone call and i've got a job. I'm so excited, I nearly had a wee patch myself...lol

I have to go in tomorrow and start on the 7th Jan.

Jayne x
Unread 12-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Oh Jayne that's fantastic news well done you
the cost of ad blockers