Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 08-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

daisypops is on a distinguished road
Thank you how much do i need to write?

I'm sure that my assessor is expecting me to write too much! I send him approx 1 - 2 sides of A4 for each knowledge question, my friend who had a different assessor only used to do bullet points! Its SO time consuming and I have a busy life. Nearly at the end of unit 303, doing them in order. Feels like I'm never going to get it done.... :reading:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Possum is on a distinguished road

Ask if it's possible to do some evidence through discussions or questioning - after all, he's meant to be assessing you using a variety of techniques. He should have direct questions he can ask you - I sent ages drafting my questions for my students, it's part of the job!
Unread 08-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

I've just replied to this in a different post...
Your assessor should be making plans with you to complete the L3 in the most effective method for you....not the himself as the assessor!

xxx

.......ok I went and had a cup of tea before posting this - so I mirror what possums says. xxxx
Unread 08-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road

My assessor before and now (as on second one) both say I dont need to write too much so I can fit 2 knowledge evidence questions on one sheet of paper. Also I have just spoke to mine a few days ago to say that I struggle with the writing part of the course so she is now going to voice record my answers so I have less writing to do. Also doing it this way will now make it easier for me to do the course and show the assessor that I know what I am trying to put on paper when I do struggle.

I think the best thing I ever did when I found it hard was to just stop the assessor and speak to her. If you have any problems like you think he is getting you to write too much is just to stop him and speak to him and explain the situation. No harm comes out of talking as the assessor is there for you so he should help you no matter what.
Unread 08-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Lil_Emz is on a distinguished road

I was told as long as all the key points are covered then it could just be a few paragraphs. it is always best if possible to give an example of how you have used the particular piece of knowledge i.e - I demonstrate positive behaviour in the work place by...
Unread 08-17-2009, 05:21 PM

A very good point Lil Emz......by giving clear examples of your practice you then give the opportunity for your assessor to extend the answer by further questioning which may then be used to cross reference other units.
xx
Unread 08-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

teena is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisypops View Post
I'm sure that my assessor is expecting me to write too much! I send him approx 1 - 2 sides of A4 for each knowledge question, my friend who had a different assessor only used to do bullet points! Its SO time consuming and I have a busy life. Nearly at the end of unit 303, doing them in order. Feels like I'm never going to get it done.... :reading:
i can't beleive you have to write that much, my assessor is only asking us to do 302,304 and 305 written and all the rest are through a voice recorder.
we only have to write a paragraph if that and she also says we can cross reference some answers with others. i agree with the others to speak to your assessor. good luck with the course.
Unread 08-27-2009, 05:52 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by teena View Post

i can't beleive you have to write that much, my assessor is only asking us to do 302,304 and 305 written and all the rest are through a voice recorder.
we only have to write a paragraph if that and she also says we can cross reference some answers with others. i agree with the others to speak to your assessor. good luck with the course.
if one cant produce written work for your assessor then there's no room for you working in an education environment. The eyfs clearly says you need to be competent in written English. I wouldn't employ someone who had to record their portfolio.
Unread 08-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

teena is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
if one cant produce written work for your assessor then there's no room for you working in an education environment. The eyfs clearly says you need to be competent in written English. I wouldn't employ someone who had to record their portfolio.
i was replying to a question, its not my idea to record the questions its the way the college is doing it. i am very competent in english thank you !
i have my nvq 2 in english so would be able to write the questions out, theres no need to be rude.
Unread 08-27-2009, 10:12 PM

I think the point here is the amount some are expected to write. NVQs are by name 'vocational' and not academic qualifications, therefore students that are experienced should have the opportunity to 'talk through' their practice- this along with observations, and questions and answer sessions is how NVQs should be carried out.

I would far rather a student spoke to me in person about their practice than hand me a piece of written work. Yes I agree students do need to be at a certain level of written English- but this is covered in the child development studies etc, where students are expected to show obervations and summarative and formative evaluations.