Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 07-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

amanda tonks is on a distinguished road
Whoop whoop - yayy unit 403 K4D376

hi, can anyone help me, i'm struggling with the following:

"relevant research into the influences on how children develop & how this research may influence practice".

i thought it was something to do with theorist but to be honest im not really sure. i would appreciate any help.

thanks amanda

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

connoramelia is on a distinguished road

i have done this knowledge question and i was told to look at theorists and how they relate tomy setting. i hope this helps.
Unread 07-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lisa0304 is on a distinguished road

I answered with this, it got sent back a few times but got there in the end....hope this helps

After researching the influences of how children develop I came across these, which I believe to be very accurate. All children need caring people around them to make them feel safe, whether that is of their parents, teachers, carers and staff at our centre. Children will develop better when they are given time with others to participate in activities and other social activities. Here is what I found that children need to develop
Belief,Love, Assurance, Time, Environment, Values, Rules, Inspiration. I got my research from the internet. The site was raising kids website

Lisa
Unread 07-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

dkredbaron is on a distinguished road

just had this marked off, the first post back was right its all about theorists.you need to write about each theorist i put.Piaget- developed constructivist theories; he was the first to say that when children play they can make discoveries for themselves. His theories are used today as it agreed that while adults can enhance children’s play experiences, they should only intervene taking cues from children. He observed that children generally shared the same sequential pattern of learning and that children of same age often made same mistakes. then you need to write about how you put this into place in your setting and also about Vygotsky Skinner and Bruner
Unread 07-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lisa0304 is on a distinguished road

oh does that mean that mine is wrong? my assessor marked it off as right? I'm a little worried now
Unread 07-12-2009, 10:00 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

the eyfs is the most relevant research and application.