Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 05-06-2020, 02:38 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

11acornwell is on a distinguished road
SOS Explain how legislation, policies and procedures are implemented in an early years setting?

Hi there I am currently doing Unit 4 - Health and Safety

I am not sure I've been doing the questions correctly, and what information would go in to each as I feel I am writing the same thing. So I was just wondering what information needs to be in each of these questions and how they differ.

These are the questions:

Explain how legislation and guidance informs company policies and procedures
and
Explain how legislation, policies and procedures are implemented in an early years setting

Thankyou so much for your help!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-07-2020, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, it might be useful to look at this as happening in two parts. 1. The Government and organisations create laws/legislation and guidance that the management level of all Early years settings must know about. How they do this involves receiving guidance from the Local Authority, Ofsted, checking the gov website for information.

2. Once the law and guidance is known management must decide what to do about it. The relevant people in early years settings will develop or update their policies and procedures in order to comply with the law and ensure they have all the right practices in place to keep everyone who stays or visits the setting, safe and healthy.

Page 105 - 109 of the EYE handbook explores these criteria

However, with everything going on with the pandemic lockdown there are no books available on amazon so if it helps these two images show the legislation that informs company policy and procedure, and then how that legislation informs day-to-day practice/is implemented in an early years setting.

Consider how your setting shares details of its policies and procedures so that you know what to do to keep the environment safe.

https://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21905

Hope this helps a little.

the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-07-2020, 10:33 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

11acornwell is on a distinguished road

That is so so helpful!! thankyou so much!!!
Unread 05-07-2020, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

You're very welocme. Post whenever you need to xx
the cost of ad blockers