Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 08-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

natalie85 is on a distinguished road
Default eymp 1 1.2 how guidance materials are used in the setting?x

Hello please could anyone give me any advise on this question as i am really stuck on it

EYMP 1 1.2

AN EXPLANATION OF HOW NATIONAL AND LOCAL GUIDANCE MATERIALS ARE USED IN SETTINGS.

Thankyou xxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Not sure of the context you are having to answer in but will give you a pointer that may help you think.

Guidance materials will be packs/books/info/forums/cluster etc

national guidlines will be something every setting has to comply with such as being governed by Ofsted, following the EYFS curriculum (if a setting wants to be eligible for free funding for 3 year olds some do not follow if they are independent/private and choose to follow a different curriculum), and your local guidelines will be what your county early years team decide what settings in their area will follow and this can vary from county to county.

Every setting will follow national guidlines/regulations on health and safety, accident etc but a county may implement/add their own guidelines i.e. deciding that for health and safety reasons no child under pre-school age may attend if a parent is on rota, another county may feel it is acceptable.

Earlier this year the government stated that it was no longer a requirement to have an EYP in settings (probably shortage of money) but some counties have decided that they want to keep this as a requirement and may fund (or partially fund) practitoners to encourage them to aim towards gaining eyp status. Now that it is not a requirement, other counties may feel they do not have the money to fund practitioners and if they wish to take this path, have to fund it themselves.

So try and think of what local guidlines your setting is following that may be different or additonal to the national guidlines you are following.
Then how are they used in your setting?
This will be by way of your policies and procedures and how you carry it out in your setting.
So, if you are in a county where they are encouraging practitoners gain eyp status - how do you do this? ......you can state ...by continuing to study to further your professional development working towards eyp status.

If you had to talk of how you implemented how you made sure no child under pre-school age came with a parent on rota, you'd have this in you policies and procedures and you say something like..... parents are informed of this by way of speaking to them when their child starts and it is also written in their welcome letter/pack.

Whatever you follow, back it up with how you carry it out in your workplace/setting.
Unread 08-19-2011, 08:17 AM

Thankyou Heidi, i understand it now. it is how they word it what gets me.
Thankyou xx
Unread 08-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

We've all been 'there' when even the simplest question doesn't make sense when you are trying so hard to remember everything is 'swirling' in your head.

You receive your marked work back and you wonder why you didn't know that 'b' came after 'a' when you were doing it! - but then again it's not surprising when everyone is working, running a home and all it entails and trying to study.

Another tip is to sometimes answer the question 'back -to-front' so to speak, so if they ask you write of promoting good behaviour and you can't think of any, think the opposite - bad behaviour and then your brain clicks in with what you need offer/provide to promote good as opposed to inappropriate behaviour: or you may be be asked how to promote good speech, language and communication - think of the difficulties that some children have, the possible reasons why they may have it (dummy - so you'd liaise with parents,perhaps give them a factsheet from the salt, encourage children to do without etc, what you can/must do to help (as example before) and then the answer of how to promote s,l & c will be clearer.
Unread 08-19-2011, 11:16 AM

Hi Heidi. thanks for that.some good tips there x

for the question above i have now completed it, if you dont mind i will pm you what i have done and tell me what you think.

Thanks
Natalie xx