Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 10-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

druscilliah is on a distinguished road
Help SOS STL Level 2 equality help!!!!

Hi there i'm new to this so please hang in there if i tend to waffle on! I started my QCF STL Level 2 a few weeks back and thought i was doing really well...until....i came up against 2.4 Describe the importance of supporting the rights of children and young people to participation and equality of access. I have tried and tried and tried to get my head round the question but my brain isn't playing ball Can anyone give me any ideas? or point me in the general direction of where could find some good info? I have spent far too long on this question...so long in fact that my kids have grown beards and have taken to hunting for their food! Any help would be greatly appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

moodie is on a distinguished road

Hi this is what I have wrote.

All children have the right to access all the opportunities which are on offer in the school provision, this should be supported by high quality teaching and learning experience.
All schools have a duty to make sure all pupils have equal access to the curriculum no matter what your background is. For example.
 Race.
 Culture.
 Background.
 Gender.
 Special educational need.
Children and young people are regarded highly as essential contributors in every aspect of decisions that affect them within the school planning and delivery of services that support and meet their needs, this is the best way a child and young person can get the best possible start in life, they should never ever be underestimated the huge contribution they will make and also bring fresh ideas to the table.
Each and every child/young person have a right to all the available skills and opportunities that will enable them to make good life choices, to be able to support themselves and the needs of others and to be able to achieve much more than they ever thought possible.

 Each and every pupil have the right to learn.
 Pupils should not be discriminated against for any reason.
 Inclusion is concerned with improving schools for staff as well as all the pupils.
 Pupils will achieve much more in an inclusive setting both academically and socially.
 Pupils do not need to be separated to achieve adequate educational provision.
 Inclusion in education is one aspect of inclusion in society.
 Pupils should be involved with all of their peers.

I have finished this unit so if you need any more help then please let me know.

moodie x
Unread 10-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

druscilliah is on a distinguished road
my children thank you from the bottom of their beards!

Thanks moodie just what i needed! can now rest for half an hour before tackiling the next unit x
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:31 AM

moodie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by druscilliah View Post
Thanks moodie just what i needed! can now rest for half an hour before tackiling the next unit x
your welcome, we all need a helping hand at some point xx
Unread 05-10-2014, 04:22 AM

Topaze is on a distinguished road

I think that this link may help as well :
http://www.nice.org.uk/niceMedia/doc...ation_nhss.pdf
Unread 05-10-2014, 02:21 PM

Sofia#1 is on a distinguished road

thnxx for help
Unread 06-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

nickymills is on a distinguished road
Default help need please xxxxxx

hi guys, I;m nearly at the end of my level 2, but have been given task 2.4 back to add some bits and my brain isn't working

I;ve been asked to describe, in more details the importance of promoting anti discriminatory practice in work with children and young people

I have already put

• Taking positive action to counter discrimination and prejudice
• Children learn to treat others with respect
• To show I am a good role model
• To promote diversity
• To listen and involve children
• By having high but realistic expectations
• By building confidence i.e. you can do it

which I took from my class notes, the book I;m using doesn't really describe why, just how.

any help would be great thanks
Unread 11-03-2014, 03:08 PM

LisaArthy1982 is on a distinguished road
Default S.T.L.S Help Unit 204

Hi,

I am also new to this site so bear with me, I am currently working on Unit 204 with my assignment due to be in on Friday morning and I have hit a brick wall with this particular question:

Describe the importance of supporting rights of all children and young people to participate.

I have goggled it and have spent ages just looking at the question trying to think and when I do type it in all that comes up is the same question but also about equality of access which is the next question which I have managed to do!

Please help!!

Lisa
Unread 04-25-2015, 12:09 PM

TroyLogan is on a distinguished road

I'm on the same section and am finding this page helpful

http://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleg...lematerial.pdf