Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 04-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jenna is on a distinguished road
Default PLEASE help

Hi does anyone know what our current uk's bullying policy is? in the cypw book it says it is safe to learn: embedding anti-bullying work in schools

hwever i cant find info anywhere online about this?
Im tryin to answer unit 3, 1.2

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi Jenna
dont know if this will help but found this on the net.

Pupils have the right to be educated in an atmosphere which is free from fear. Head teachers and others responsible for running schools have a duty to do all that they reasonably can to protect pupils in their charge from intimidation, assault or harassment. This right and this duty are enshrined within documents such as the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 and the European Convention on Human Rights
Unread 04-13-2011, 04:40 PM

Thankyou SO much :) you're a life saver. Been sat at my computer since 10am this morning and have gotten nowhere. I have no idea if I'm even answer unit 3, 1.2 right :(
Unread 04-13-2011, 04:51 PM

Heidi is on a distinguished road

This may be covered in your Behaviour and/or Behaviour Management Policy.
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM

Hi Jenna
these might help you for some of your unit
Working together to safeguard children 2010
and Sussex child protection and safeguarding procedures volume 1 and 2.
just put a search into google and happy reading

hope it helps with the unit. i have found it very helpful but they are very long to read
lynne

Last edited by lyn c : 04-13-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: links would not work
Unread 04-13-2011, 09:03 PM

Hi Jenna found some more info for a anti bullying policy from this site hope it works when i cut and paste it here goes!http://www.kidscape.org.uk/download/index.asp#Policy
also try this
http://www.cafamily.org.uk/index.php...m48650498a2b8c
Unread 04-14-2011, 07:45 AM

Hi Jenna also found this on Positive Behaviour policy
It was under Strategies with children who engage in inconsiderate behaviour:

Bullying
We take bullying very seriously. Bullying involves the persistent physical or verbal abuse of another child or children. It is characterised by intent to hurt, often planned, and accompanied by an awareness of the impact of the bullying behaviour.

A child who is bullying has reached a stage of cognitive development where he or she is able to plan to carry out a premeditated intent to cause distress in another.
Bullying can occur in children five years old and over and may well be an issue in after school clubs and holiday schemes catering for slightly older children.

If a child bullies another child or children:
 we show the children who have been bullied that we are able to listen to their concerns and act upon them;
 we intervene to stop the child who is bullying from harming the other child or children;
 we explain to the child doing the bullying why her/his behaviour is not acceptable;
 we give reassurance to the child or children who have been bullied;
 we help the child who has done the bullying to recognise the impact of their actions;
 we make sure that children who bully receive positive feedback for considerate behaviour and are given opportunities to practise and reflect on considerate behaviour;
 we do not label children who bully as ‘bullies’;
 we recognise that children who bully may be experiencing bullying themselves, or be subject to abuse or other circumstance causing them to express their anger in negative ways towards others;
 we recognise that children who bully are often unable to empathise with others and for this reason we do not insist that they say sorry unless it is clear that they feel genuine remorse for what they have done. Empty apologies are just as hurtful to the bullied child as the original behaviour;
 we discuss what has happened with the parents of the child who did the bullying and work out with them a plan for handling the child's behaviour; and
 we share what has happened with the parents of the child who has been bullied, explaining that the child who did the bullying is being helped to adopt more acceptable ways of behaving.

Hope it helps
Unread 04-14-2011, 09:49 AM

Thankyou :) you've really helped.
I think I've finished 1.1 and 1.2 now..and have cross referenced them with 1.3 as i had already covered risk assessments and crb etc and how tht influences our work settings. I also cross referenced 1.3 with 2.1, 2.3 and 2.4 as i mentioned how my setting is upto date on training and how we deal with any concerns etc... do u think that sounds right?
I covered a large area of bullying for 1.2 eventually so hope its okay..
And i also included missing children and our work policy for tha, does that sound about right?
Unread 04-14-2011, 10:18 AM

sounds very good to me. your doing really well.
was going to mention missing children but forgot to write it.
keep up your hard work
Unread 04-14-2011, 10:21 AM

Thankyou so much :)
If you need any help at all just letmekno and i'll see if i can be of any use.