Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 08-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Printing costs?

Who does all the mounds of printing for the beginning of term & do they claim for expenses ?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

janice is on a distinguished road

Well I've spent more time on paperwork this holiday than any other. I've worked every day but in some strange way find it helps me to forget about the stress of moving.

I've tried to get everything up to date but for printing of parent handbooks and all the forms etc. that go with it then I've asked the Church to do it this year and they will then bill the Pre-school. The front cover of the handbook usually jams up my printer and I hate having to print double sided especially when it is in book format and the pages don't run in succession.

As for all the other paperwork I've done I won't get paid a penny for it but once we've moved and got into the new term then I intend taking some time off to sort out the op. plan and risk assessments file and those will take me hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 08-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

We have printed our childrens records folders and our parents packs, playgroup is lucky enough to have its own little photocopier, staff do the photocopying and we have had some help from our wonderful secretary.
It takes a lot of time photocopying, getting it all organised, and sorted.
It seems so much paperwork at times, what with the planning, keeping the operational plan up to date, registers to be made up and not to mention our keyworker records, staff rotas etc.
Unread 08-13-2007, 12:24 PM
noah

yes they pay!! for time and costs. (perhaps not full for the time taken but certainly for all the costs involved. Which is a reminder to do the Invoice for it!)
Unread 08-13-2007, 10:59 PM
cybertwin

we have our own portable copier at playgroup, and they also pay hours cartridges and paper for my printer so yes i get paid for it

although must now get started on it all!!! only 3 weeks left