Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 11-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road
Default k4d807 unit 403

detailed knowledge and understanding of childrens and young peoples development in the following areas linked to an in depth knowledge and understanding of theoretical perspectives including
physical development, communication, intellectual development and learning, social, emotional and behavioural development in each of the age groups
birth to 3
3-7 yrs
7-12 yrs
12-16 yrs
i have started this and i feel like i am writing a large novel, has anyone else done this and how did you appproach it? i have started doing it using piles (physical,intellectual, language, emotional and social,) and i am trying to link perspectives to ages and stages but finding it difficult especially for the older age groups, i seem to be writing loads!!!!!!!!!:reading:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-20-2007, 10:16 PM
sara

hi i am having an observation by my assesor on this module tomorrow so will let you know if anything crops up that will help!!
Unread 11-21-2007, 07:22 AM

thanks sara cant ask my assessor as im waiting to meet the new one and been without an assessor for about 3 weeks.
im getting very fed up with it all at the moment.
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:26 PM
sara

sorry nothing came up on that one, but i am going to dig out my level three stuff (its in the loft under some dust)as it seems as if its that sort of answer they are looking for now we did lots of developmental stuff. have answered
k4t1113 but as am pre-school do we just have to guess what we would do for 7 to 12 and 12 to 16 age group?
my assessor did an obs and marked of all bar three on k4d809 so feel quite positive as that was a big chunk of 403.
Unread 11-22-2007, 08:08 AM

Default transitions k4t1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara View Post
sorry nothing came up on that one, but i am going to dig out my level three stuff (its in the loft under some dust)as it seems as if its that sort of answer they are looking for now we did lots of developmental stuff. have answered
k4t1113 but as am pre-school do we just have to guess what we would do for 7 to 12 and 12 to 16 age group?
my assessor did an obs and marked of all bar three on k4d809 so feel quite positive as that was a big chunk of 403.
that sounds great i ve only had one observation for the 4 units i have done, hopefully the new assessor will come and observe for k4d809 as i really dont want to write about all that k4d807 is quite enough.
i have had to research on k4t1113 about transitions as i work in preschool and had to find out about the other age ranges.
these are good websites
http://http:cambridgeshire.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/0F47EDD3-B534-4319-9F8C-70870DCF42E4/0/CHILDRENSTRANSITIONS.pdf
http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/family/350-850/350-850.html

http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/emo...ings/move.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/your_kids/primary_starting.shtml

hope they are helpful not done the 0-3 transitions yet still working on it.
http://www.teachingexpertise.com/art...velopment-1131
Unread 11-27-2007, 04:25 PM

met new assessor she seems really good, said my assignment k4d807 was ok, just need to finish off a few bits and shes going to observe what she can for k4d809 and do some obs for unit 407 which will be good, im a bit happier now, she said i can cross refernce things a lot to save writing, thats nice too!
Unread 11-28-2007, 12:15 AM

sparky is on a distinguished road

Thats great Brandy. I'm meeting with my assessor tomorrow - so wish me luck. I'm way behind and need a great deal of motivation.

I have been sitting writing answers to the knowledge specifications for 401 tonight - all 28 of them!!!