Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 09-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

fatfrog is on a distinguished road
Whoop whoop - yayy Ind. Learning Plan.

Hello everyone. I have recently taken a job as a supervisor in a village hall in rural surroundings and they don't have ind. learning plans for the children. Can anyone please send me a copy of their I.L.P from their setting so I can get any idea of what one is like so that I can produce one for my setting. Many thanks. XX

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

we use the 'learning journey' sheets which can be found on the EYFS disk - but don't ask me were ~ think it may have been in the planning examples for 2-4 yr olds

xx

found it - enabling environment , 'learning journey template'

we fill one of these in for each child once every half term, at the moment we're not sure if we are going to add these to there 'scrapbooks' or leave them a seperate sheets.

Last edited by cabin : 09-27-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Unread 09-27-2008, 05:04 PM

Hiya. Thank-you very much for your reply. I will have a look on the EYFS disk. Thanks Again.
Unread 09-27-2008, 05:25 PM

learning journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post
we use the 'learning journey' sheets which can be found on the EYFS disk - but don't ask me were ~ think it may have been in the planning examples for 2-4 yr olds

xx

we fill one of these in for each child once every half term, at the moment we're not sure if we are going to add these to there 'scrapbooks' or leave them a seperate sheets.
Can you please tell me, do you fill out one of these learning journeys for each area of learning for each child obviously after the activity has been planned, so that they cover the six area's of learning. Thank you.
Unread 09-27-2008, 08:59 PM

cabin is on a distinguished road

No, we just do one per child each half term (7/8 weeks) this is done holistically covering all areas in one observation using photo evidence.

Each week key-persons carry a focused activity for key-children which are evaluated and any observations are recorded in the childs 'scrapbooks/profile folders' (we're trying to find a nice name for these books) These activities are usually planned around the six areas although again often interlink within areas.

xx
Unread 10-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Buzzybees is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post

xx

I was looking around for this all weekend thankyou I get lost on the disk
Unread 10-02-2008, 10:10 AM

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

The learning and development grids of the Eyfs work really well with ILPs because they show how a child might be expected to progress (like the old stepping stones if you used to use those).

I am a childminder and only work with a few children (compared to halls full of the little dears) and I have been looking at ILPs from the point of view of how to monitor a child who has undiagnosed challenges.

I have found that most of the Eyfs learning and development is covered by my own notes - observations, assessments, individual and group planning, celebrations and festival planning to individual interests, wow moment photographs, ongoing continuous provision etc etc...

I am finding ILPs very useful for the challenges, to write them up and help me focus on how I can support the individual child more than normal (if that makes sense). So x might have a perfectly 'normal' completed learning journey but because of dyspraxia, her 'physical development' section is a bit thin...

Instead of worrying about it or thinking she's not achieving, I go back to the previous Eyfs learning journey or even the one before until I find the level x is actually working towards. I use this in an ILP to help me focus on what her next steps might be and share it with parents to support their work at home.

Hope this helps