Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 07-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

MrsC81 is on a distinguished road
General question Impact of the the environment on children's health and well-being? Cache level 3 Childcare and Education criteria

Hi all,
Interested to see if anyone has the criteria for this course.
My tutor has gone a little quiet and I'm about to start assignment 9
Quote:
4.1 Describe factors within the early years settings which may impact upon the health and well-being of children

4.2 Evaluate national and local initiatives (with at least 2 examples of each) which promote children's health and well-being and explain how these can be implemented in the early years setting

4.3 Analyse the role of the early years practitioner in maintaining a healthy environment for children

4.4 Evaluate benefits of working in partnership with parents/carers in relation to children's health and well-being
If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great until I can get hold of my tutor again.
Thank you MrsC

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-11-2018, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, this level 3 EYE handbook is good, the front image is currently missing but if you open the look inside feature and search for the words local initiatives, click to page 129 where it suggests the healthy eating campaigns;and then use on your own LA website or ask colleagues for initiatives that apply locally for example breatfeeding? free milk? outdoor play?

For 4.1 page 127+ looks at the factors being
  • personal care
  • valuing individual children, parents, carers in a welcoming and nurturing environment
  • contributing to a welcoming and inviting environment
  • the impact of positive or negative environment for individual children, their parents/carers and EYPs
Page 131 4.3 Quote The early years practitioner will need to consider the following in order to maintain a healthy environment for children:
  • partnership working with parents/carers
  • meet individual physical care needs
  • promote emotional well-being
  • promote healthy eating
  • promote exercise - UK guidelines
  • inclusive practice
Benefits of working in partnership with parents (page 131-133) include the ability to promote and support children's physical activity, healthy eating, positive choices.

Hope this helps xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-11-2018, 07:33 PM

Thank you that advice.
I have that book and have been researching with that and other textbooks, I've chosen Change4Life and the Food Labelling (traffic light system) as my national initiatives but indeed have got a bit stumped with local ones so will have to dig deeper and have a chat at work tomorrow, I'm sure its something obvious!

Your reply has given me a great boost for this assignment. I appreciate your time in replying.
Unread 07-12-2018, 04:42 PM

For anyone who comes along with the same query my tutor also sent me this....

Quote:
4.1: You need to describe factors within the early years setting which may impact the health and well-being of the children. You could include:

• Disabilities
• Promoting confidence and self-esteem
• Promoting resilience, value and self-worth (By promoting resilience, value and self-worth it will allow the children to build their own confidence and independence which in turn will support their well-being of feeling valued)

4.2: You need to evaluate national and local initiative which promote children’s health and well-being and explain how these can be implemented in the early years setting. You need to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses. You must include 2 of each.

National initiative could include:
-5 a day
-Change for life
-Start 4 life
-Schools fruit and veg scheme
-Food labelling
-Cool Milk

For the local ones you will need to research your local council and see what they offer such as:

Cheaper swimming for children?
Activity days for children?
If you can’t find anything from your local council try to look at other area's nearby.

4.3: You need to analyse the role of the early years practitioner in maintaining a healthy environment for children, you should include:
• Ensure that they are working with children
• That the environment is promoting healthy eating by displaying healthy food pictures or healthy role play foods.
• Promoting exercise such as ensuring there are suitable activities for the children to be engaged in.

4.4: You need to evaluate the benefits of working in partnership with parents/ carers in relation to children’s health and well-being. You should include that working with parents and gathering information such as:
• Dietary requirements
• The child’s likes and dislikes of certain foods
• Any allergies
• Special preferences

You also need to include the implications of not working in partnership such as a child could have an allergic reaction, the practitioner could be going against parents’ wishes.

You need to give strengths and weaknesses of working with parents to support a child’s health and well-being.

You need to include a reference list.
Hope that helps.
Unread 07-12-2018, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Thank you :)
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-25-2020, 06:48 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Lisha89 is on a distinguished road
SOS 4.1 describe factors within the early years setting which may impact upon the health and well being of children

Hiya, I just cant get my head around 4.1 describe factors within the early years settings that may impact upon health and well being of children?? Please help I've come to a stop and suffering from blondness, any help will be so greatly appreciated x
Unread 11-10-2021, 10:50 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

MonPar74 is on a distinguished road

Hi all,
I'm doing the level 3 EYE NVQ and need some help on the national and local initiatives, my tutor has told me that I should have two in the key issues and two in evaluating whether they have or have not supported the children.....

I would be grateful for some feedback on this question.