Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 06-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

fredy frog is on a distinguished road
Help SOS NVQ 3 CCLD Student

Hi everyone

I'm new to all this chat, seen some good advice for Unit 303 K3D219, it's a hard one thought I had cracked the code. Tutor want's me to group the statements ie; 2-3 then give them a heading ie; Legislation, Behaviour, Development. It's hard as they are all interlinked, unit is overdue need a quick fix. The more I look at it the bigger the headache. Am a single parent and it's having a knock on effect with my daughte, feel like giving up but not going to let it beat me.

Can any one help please ASAP Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

njs is on a distinguished road

hi fredy frog i know how you feel thats the unit i hate the most 303 one bit of advice i will give dont leave that tilll last i have and its got me all tangled up take care njs
Unread 06-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a very warm welcome to the site, I'm not sure what statements you're refering to but wanted to pass on best wishes & to enjoy silkysteps xx

Ruth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredy frog View Post
Hi everyone

I'm new to all this chat, seen some good advice for Unit 303 K3D219, it's a hard one thought I had cracked the code. Tutor want's me to group the statements ie; 2-3 then give them a heading ie; Legislation, Behaviour, Development. It's hard as they are all interlinked, unit is overdue need a quick fix. The more I look at it the bigger the headache. Am a single parent and it's having a knock on effect with my daughte, feel like giving up but not going to let it beat me.

Can any one help please ASAP Thank you
If you can write out the question/s in full, then one of us maybe able to help. Not all of us know what the levels and units consist of and it's guesswork sometime using a snippet, which may make us go off on the wrong track.
Unread 06-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

fredy frog is on a distinguished road
Book Review NVQ 3 Unit 303 K3D219 HELP PLEASE

Hi Everyone thank you for your warm welcome

Have finished Unit 1-2, have done quit a bit on Unit 4-5. Got 4 optional Units to do yet. Course finishes in July, may have a months extension if need be.

Was thinking I could leave this Unit till last but no I can't. Tutor wants me to complete this unit before moving on.

Tutor wants me to group statements together eg;

Q.2 Adapt your practice and support all the children in your care, including
those with disabilities and special educational needs

Q.3 Adapt the environment and activities so that all children can take part
equally and, where necessary, provide alternative activities.

I have joined these to Q's together, see below Answer, then give it a heading.

LEGISLATION

K3D219 Q 2-3
Be sensitive and supportive when talking to parents about child's needs, may not be aware of something you noticed. If necessary fill in a CAF for that child to be observed by the EYFS intervention officer, if so permission needs to be given from parent. Policies written up, put on display for parents to see/read and implemented by every one ie; Child protection, Equal Ops/Inclusion, Behaviour. All children have the right to access facilities regardless of their culture, religous beliefs, ethinicity or disability ect. Be flexible setting up activities allowing all children to access them eg, space - change layout, equipment - slip mats for toy's to stand on-physical impairment. Light boxes behind object-visual impairment. Place activities on floor-for easy access ect. Provide activities according to their age needs and abilities, provide 1-1, group, outside agency support accordingly. Ask what works best for that child as parent knows child best. Planning needs to be adapted accordingly, implementing IEP's, IPP's to ensure individual childs needs are met. Risk assess, observe, change if need be to ensure all areas and equipment are safe for use at all times.

I THINK I HAVE CRACKED PART OF THE CODE HOPEFULLY/. AND IT MIGHT HELP SOME OF YOU I HOPE.

Look in your NVQ 3 book, I have the Nelson Thorne Edition 2 latest book, I know some students don't have this one. Go to page 89, It will show you
K3D219. Look at the table

K3D219 Q - Chapter links for knowledge evidence

1 Unit CCLD 301 Develop and promote positive relationships
Unit CCLD 302 Develop and maintain a healthy, safe and
secure environment for children
Unit CCLD 306 Plan and organise environments for children
families

2 Unit CCLD 301 Develop and promote positive relationships
Unit CCLD 305 Protect and promote children's rights
Unit CCLD 306 Plan and organise environments for children
families
Unit CCLD 321 Support children with disabilities or special
educational needs

3 Unit CCLD 302 Develop and maintain a healthy, safe and
secure environment for children
Unit CCLD 305 Protect and promote children's rights
Unit CCLD 321 Support children with disabilities or special
educational needs

So when you look at this chart, can you see the units you need to cover when answering that Q, I had to work this out for my self. Tutor told me to look at existing work in Units 1-2 and make notes then anatate it. Well how can you if you have'nt done Units 5-6-7-21 yet.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THIS RIGHT?
THANK YOU