Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 01-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default What would you have done?

When I collected my charge from preschool,the supervisor told one Mum in front of all the other Mums that she did not know what she could do with her son?As this Mum looked in the window she saw her child sitting on a chair away from the other children.I could see she was upset,she asked a member of staff what he had done and she replied he's been alright to-day.The Mum came out of school crying her eyes out(shes a single Mum) I comforted her as best as I could and arranged to meet her after lunch.In the meantime another Mum phoned her to say she had heard what the supervisor had said and that she was taking her child out of the preschool as she had been told the day before that there had been a case of bullying and when she asked she was told to look in the incident book,the supervisor did not want to know,this Mumhad been bullied when she was a child.
I feel that I should report this supervisor but do not want to cause trouble?Any thoughts?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Silkysteps Web Developer

openmind is on a distinguished road

Personally I'd report it. Bullying in any shape or form is intolerable be it a child or adult...
Unread 01-28-2006, 01:16 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with Openmind, bullying should not be tolerated ever. This supervisor needs to be made aware that her attitude needs to change. Stories like this one make me sooo angry {{hugs}} to your friend.
Unread 01-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Toni

Chloe, you need to write everything that happened down and then speak to the supervisor involved first. Tell her that you were not happy about the way she handled this situation and ask her to apologise to the Mum. I know what bullying feels like - I was bullied by the supervisor of my last job - it is not nice. If supervisor refuses to apologise and change her attitude then report her to your EY Development Officer. This needs to be stopped now before it escalates
Big hugs to the Mum.
Unread 01-29-2006, 10:33 PM

I know I should do something but when your on the other side of the fence,its hard have decided to approach the other Mum to-morrowand hear what she has to say and then decide what to do.
Unread 01-30-2006, 12:59 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Crossfingers

Be thinking of you...
Unread 01-30-2006, 07:17 PM

Sorry,said nothing.I know I should have but it is very diffcult when your on the other side.
Unread 02-03-2006, 10:20 PM
nic

no dont be sorry chloe your right its not nice being on both sides of the fence

Last edited by nic : 02-03-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Unread 02-06-2006, 06:15 PM

Air is on a distinguished road

Hi Chloe...you are in a difficult position, think you have to go with what feels ok to you...I had a similar situation and had to make a tuff decision...:innocent:
Unread 02-17-2006, 04:28 PM
sarah b

Hi Chloe
I know it's hard for you to say anything, but the fact that she said something to the Mum in front of everyone else was well out of order, she should have taken her aside, I think that is something that should be addressed.