Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD

Training, Qualifications & CPD These forums contain details on different courses, ideas and links to help with opportunities in many aspects of continuing own and groups's personal development. If you have any questions or can help with information relating to training & further education .. firstly thankyou and please feel free to use these forums .. NB: All Silkysteps forums are public - Please post responsibly and professionally & always get in touch if needed ..

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 06-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Claire36 is on a distinguished road
Level 3 Award Supporting Teaching and Learning

Hello All

I've recently completed my Level 3 Diploma Children & Young People's Workforce, waiting for it to be verified by CACHE- fingers crossed!!

I'm looking to work as a TA preferably in a nursery or reception class. Just wondering if it's worth doing the Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning?, I've looked at the CACHE website and it appears that I've already done some of the units for my diploma.

Because the QCF credits can be used again instead of repeating it, I'm wondering if I should do the award, then the certificate and eventually the diploma?

I'm currently volunteering at my children's primary school doing one day a week, but for the award you don't need a placement as it's knowledge not skills.

It also seems that I would have to do the award via learning provider rather than my local college.

Should I do the award whilst trying to seek employment or would it be a waste of time?

Sorry for the waffle - I hope you get the jist..

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

kerry7777 is on a distinguished road

Hi Claire,

I know this is an old response but I was wondering it you received an answer reqarding the cache level 3 award. I completed this course in April 2012 and am now wondering if this course does not qualify it to became a TA. I have seen a few people mention that stonebridge college and the course are not recongnised in schools.

Any info would be great
Unread 10-13-2013, 02:58 PM

anitados is on a distinguished road

I'm sure that it does qualify you. The course took over from the old style NVQ. I have completed level 2 and 3 and I'm now doing the foundation degree in supporting and teaching in schools x
Unread 10-13-2013, 06:00 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

the DCYPW qualifies you to work with any children 0 to 19 in any setting BUT of course it depends how you sell yourself
Unread 01-28-2018, 07:38 PM

carls is on a distinguished road

I know this is an old post but is the level 3 award the equivalent to nvq? X