Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 03-06-2018, 10:40 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Nanotrout is on a distinguished road
SOS supporting children's communication, language and literacy

ok i have questions that i need help on.
it is due in on Thursday and due to emails playing up and lost emails my assessors notes haven't got to me and i have finally got the emails sorted today with these questions.
i know it is short notice and im really being cheeky by asking all the questions on here but i am so confussed and im at a brick wall and being as i only have 1 day to complete this, your help is greatly appreciated .

Describe why communication, language and literacy are important to children’s learning

Describe how communication, language and literacy links with other areas of learning and development within the framework related to own work setting.

Be able to contribute to children’s learning in communication, language and literacy.

Identify the types of equipment and activities that are used to support children’s communication, language and literacy.

Review how own working practice has contributed to children’s learning in communication, language and literacy.

TIA X

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-07-2018, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, use the inside preview of this level 2 handbook and search for the word 'importance of communication' then keep scrolling down on the search results until you can click to page 415

Describe how communication, language and literacy links with other areas of learning and development within the framework related to own work setting - this requires you to write about what happens in your setting. Do you work in England with the EYFS? scroll down to page 417

Contributing to children's communication, language & literacy on page 418

Identify the types of equipment and activities that are used to support children’s communication, language and literacy eg. what activities in your setting link sounds with letters?
Writing and handwriting
Opportunities to come together to listen and talk to each other
Telling stories
Role play
Poems, finger plays and nursery rhymes
Reading
Mark making
Songs and musical games
Using puppets

Reviewing your own practice includes how you feel you've used encouragement and praise, your tone of voice, how much time you give for children to respond, how you change and adapt things so that you meet each individual child's needs, page 434

Hope this helps xx
the cost of ad blockers