Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
CRB changes??

I have had my head buried so deeply getting Silkysteps up and running that when I was at a local business meeting recently an ‘advisor’ told me that new regulations had come in to force allowing you to take a CRB enhanced disclosure form from one job to another – and out of the district... I couldn't answer him!!

The last time I knew - working in an attached pre- school and then becoming governor of the affiliated primary school required a new Check to be made!!

Can anyone let me know if these changes actually happened - or does the ‘business advisor’ have his facts twisted!!

Thanks
Ruth
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-04-2006, 02:16 AM
Toni

As far as I am aware, you can take your CRB from one group to another as long as there is no unemployed gap between jobs. I am not too sure about taking out of district though.
Unread 02-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Crb

Mine will run out in May,how do I renew it??
Unread 02-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Toni

Crb

Hi Chloe,
Wasn't aware that CRB's were time related! There is nothing on the paperwork that I have received to tell me when it runs out. I know there are new rules now on how to obtain a CRB. I believe we have to contact the CRB ourselves now, but will have to come back to you as the paperwork in at school.
Unread 02-05-2006, 05:27 PM
looby

It is entirely up to your new employers whether they do another crb check on you they do not expire It has to be in your contract that you will let your employers know of any changes howver ofsted will look to see how vigilent and what procedures you have in place to keep children safe!
Unread 02-05-2006, 10:18 PM

Default Crb

Thought they only lasted for three years?Goodness knows where I got that from!! :hyper:
Unread 02-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Janie

Chloe,
They do only last three years.
To re-apply you go through a independant crb agency, I use Capita and as we are a new setting we dont get charged.
I have got all my new girls theirs with our settings name on them as wanted them all to be checked out as it is my responsibility as manager to make sure the children are safe

Janie
Unread 02-05-2006, 10:57 PM
looby

well as usual it is a case of one area being told one thing!At a big meeting about the new crb changes we were definatly told we did not have to do a check every 3 years but did have to put in all staff contracts about the clause they had to tell us of any changes!!!!! If somebody changes settings and is over 3 years then yes you would do a check to be sure
Unread 02-06-2006, 06:17 PM

Air is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie
Chloe,
They do only last three years.
To re-apply you go through a independant crb agency, I use Capita and as we are a new setting we dont get charged.
I have got all my new girls theirs with our settings name on them as wanted them all to be checked out as it is my responsibility as manager to make sure the children are safe

Janie
wow Janie...means I gotta do same fast paper chasing....:indiffere
Unread 02-06-2006, 07:24 PM

Well I do my first day of love at the local group on Friday and I will see if they ask for mine?!!