Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 07-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Claire36 is on a distinguished road
Finished NVQ 2 CCLD

Hi finished my NVQ on Monday!!!

Just wondering if anyone has studied towards level 3 as a Volunteer. My Manager has given me lots of responsiblity whilst doing level 2 ie keyworker and co-ordinator of the outside play area. A paid position may be available from October, not certain though.. Many thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Doodah is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on passing your NVQ 2

Try to find out a bit more about the potential job coming up in October, and let your manager know you would be interested in it. It sounds promising if they have given you a lot of responsibility already, and also you are familiar with the routines, policies and practices, as well as the children. Maybe discuss the possibilty of starting your level 3 as a volunteer and then applying for the job and taking it from there. Some providers let you start your course when it is convenient to you, not just from September.

I am doing STLS level 3 and for that you need to be in paid employment, but I don't know if it is the same for CCLD level 3.

Best wishes x
Unread 07-02-2010, 10:47 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

ideally you need to be in employment as you need to be a key person BUT they are being phased out this year so i suggest you embed your learning for a year and then do the new diploma level 3 next.
Unread 07-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodah View Post
Congratulations on passing your NVQ 2

Try to find out a bit more about the potential job coming up in October, and let your manager know you would be interested in it. It sounds promising if they have given you a lot of responsibility already, and also you are familiar with the routines, policies and practices, as well as the children. Maybe discuss the possibilty of starting your level 3 as a volunteer and then applying for the job and taking it from there. Some providers let you start your course when it is convenient to you, not just from September.

I am doing STLS level 3 and for that you need to be in paid employment, but I don't know if it is the same for CCLD level 3.

Best wishes x
Hi thanks. We're a small Nursery with only 10 children at one time (from 3 months to 5 years).

One of the girls is possibly going travelling and my Manager is very keen for me to take on the position, ideally training for level 3.

There doesn't seem to be any jobs out there for level 2.
Unread 07-03-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
ideally you need to be in employment as you need to be a key person BUT they are being phased out this year so i suggest you embed your learning for a year and then do the new diploma level 3 next.

Hi thanks for your advice. Oh I'm confused - not sure what to do next.

The Nursery would need me to be working towards level 3, if the position does become available.

Not sure I could continue unpaid for a further year as level 2 though. If I gain experience for a year, then do the new level 3, would my level 2 still contribute towards it.

Many thanks.