Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Years News & Events

Early Years News & Events Preschool and other relevant Early years news and events will be posted in this forum along with our subscribed feeds. Please add any local news or opportunity that you feel is of interest

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 07-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Mahala

Default Hello there!

Hello everyone

a quick intro, as I've just joined.

I'm 32, married to SL for three years, and have a 5 month old son. I also have 3 step children who do not live with us.

I'm a secondary teacher by trade, currently on maternity leave. When I go back to work in September, I'll be going back as a normal teacher (was Head of Dept before) and only for 2.5 days a week.

I've just set up my own business, teaching yoga activity classes to young children, and I'll be combining this with my other teaching in September.

I also have an ebay business, selling guided meditations. It's all go!

I have 2 cats, an organic veg patch and greenhouse and am loving motherhood!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-06-2006, 12:08 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Highfive Welcome

Welcome Mahala. Pull up a chair and join in the fun.

It sounds like it's all go for you,(lovely website btw) best of luck with everything. I'm Tracey, now a stay-at-home mother of an almost 7 year old son and an almost 2 year old daughter - I agree, motherhood is the best.

Some of our members like to congregate in the chat room of an evening, usually 7.30/8pm-ish, so hopefully see you there.
Unread 07-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi Mahala .. welcome to Silkysteps

There are a few opportunities to promote your website (which is great btw!) here ~ Our topsites (not funtioning properly at present :muted: but Its on 'the to do' list !) www.silkysteps.com/topsites with a link to your home or ebay shop .. you can also pop a post about yourself in your county forum - Nottinghamshire

Best of luck returning to the work place .. and with all your other activities .. enjoy our site
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Mahala

oooh, I've just noticed you two are in Darlo - I grew up there!
Unread 07-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
lol .. It's a really nice town I'm pretty new to here .. But Miss Muffet is a born and bred Northerner .. and my expert 'guide' on all things Northern (thank goodness ) LOL
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-07-2006, 12:19 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Biggrin

Are my ears burning?:rotfl: Yes, I'm originally from Middlesbrough, but married a Darlo boy! They don't let too many North-Easterners leave! I have to be Ruthierhyme's northern guide - southern etiquette is very different from the northern version!!:rotfl:
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Muggy

Darlingtonians!

Hello... I live in Darlo too, and my hubby is an official Darlingtonian born and bred! (I know, sorry, I am losing it!:rotfl:)
Which school did you go to? You are the same age as my husband!
Unread 07-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Mahala

I went to Longfield ...
Unread 07-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Biggrin Welcome

To this great site.You certainly are a busy lady!I am the Gran :bouncy: of the site!still employed and loving it.Live near the sea in the SE and love it!:rotfl:
Unread 07-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Patsy

Oh no your not the gran,I am or do i get the title of great gran as i believe I am a few years older than youyes i still work 16 hours plus 6 days a week.slowly getting sorted.lol