Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Laura30_03

Default 304 - reflective diaries

has anyone else been told or were told to keep a diary for 304, including things that have happened in your day that you can reflect on.
this is all i have been told to do and i just seem to think this seems very basic and easy to just do this for this unit...
any ideas???

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Hija

My assessor told me to reflective accounts for that unit, i gues it is the same as diaries. I am also covering few other bits with ref. accounts.
Try to do your work by answering few questions:
How did I do it?
Why did I do it like that?
If it worked, why did it work, if not why not?
What would I do differently next time?
comments and conclusions.
My answering those questions, my friend and covered 304 :)
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Reflective diary sheet - googled brings up some interesting examples amd ideas !

Was a suggested format given out at your course meeting or is everyone encouraged to put their own together ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Laura30_03

thanks guys, people on here are more helpful than my own assesor!! she helpfully didnt even tell me and the other person who does the course, how to do this at all or even in what format. i then asked her and she said it didnt matter. i started mine on a word document and my friend in an exercise book (as its a diary and therefore easy to jot down) she then said this was no good and that we have to do it on those record evidence sheets as self reflective reports... i just had my suspisions that this sounded a slightly wrong way of carrying out 304 and didnt want to waste my time!!!
but i will now continue this diary but make sure i cover the points you kindly made making sure if it is in the wrong format then at least the information is correct!! thank u :-)
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:55 PM
loo-lar

Keeping a diary wil help you gather the evidence needed to cover the p.c.s Then when you are asked to produce relective accounts you refer back to your diary and write the reflective account on reflective evidence sheets given to you by your assessor, and then evaluate the account on a seperate sheet. This is how I have completed reflectives, my assessor seems to love reflective accounts and ive done quite a few over all units.
Unread 04-19-2008, 08:21 PM
lisa79

Hi
i've done this unit already and the reflective diary is basicly you just keeping a journal of one thing you have done in your setting or room one that day that you feel you have learnt something from, something you can reflect on and evaluate.For instance, i had a child settling in whose mother was more anxious then your normal parent.I wrote about how the settling session had gone.Then i evaluated it against myself, so i said how i felt it had gone and how i hadhandled it and if i'd have done anything differently.As far as i know 304 is about assessing and evaluating yourself.My assesor did come and check my journel and said it was fine.Hope this helps you.
Unread 06-05-2008, 07:37 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

a reflective diary is the old way of doing it. you are now required to write reflective accounts about a particular activity or scenario or situation such as your involvement in a meeting etc.
the point is a really good description, then why you did it like that, what worked what didnt and how you would change and extend it next time. remember it is about YOU dont waste space writing about others.