Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 05-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

charmed is on a distinguished road
Default Explain the dilemma between the rights and choices of children and young people?

hi there everyone iv beed asked to answer these question along with a load of others but i just cant think straight enough to answer these to please can some one just push me in the right direction i have untill next week to finish all questions

1.Explain the dilemma between the rights and choices of children and young people and health and safety requirements and explain why it’s important to take a balanced approach to risk management. Explain how to promote children’s health and well being in an early years work setting

and

2.Provide examples of guidance and support for planning health and safe environment. Then describe the roles of key health professionals and sources of professional advice in promoting positive health and well being for early years children and their families and carers

i just seem to be hitting a brick wall when i think of ways to answer them
Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

misssparkles is on a distinguished road

Hi, For question 1- There can be a dilemma between the rights and choices children make and health and safety, as the UN Convention on the rights of the child sets out children's rights (it may be useful to get a copy and to quote parts). children have the right to make their own choices and to take risks, however, as practitioners we have a duty of care towards the children to keep them safe, and to follow health and safety requirements.

There can be a dilemma if a child wants to jump off of a high up object and you know it is not safe to do so. It is important to take a balanced approach by assessing the situation and weighing up the level of risk, as it is imperative to allow children to take reasonable risk.

To promote children's health and well being would be to ensure the environment is safe, secure and caring, in order to provide a nurturing, enabling environment the children need to be listened to and cared for and protected from harm. I would discuss how children's health and well being can be promoted with regards to physically, emotionally, developmentally and nutritionally.

This is just my thoughts on the 1st question, I hope this helps you. As for the 2nd question...my mind is now blocked, ha ha!, I hope someone else will be able to help you.