Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

JojoB78 is on a distinguished road
3.3 Explain strategies for supporting parents to meet the needs of a specified age of group of children

I'm stumped, this is my 3rd to last question I need to answer then I have completed everything, I've hit a brick wall, there is no guidance for this unit which makes it really challenging. My life has been on hold for the past year and I am just so desperate to finish now, play with my kids, clean my house & talk to my husband again!

Very happy to help others, I just need a bit of point in the right direction now I can not think anymore!
CU1573
3.3 Explain strategies for supporting parents to meet the needs of a specified age of group of children

Thank you
Jo

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-09-2012, 10:09 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

whats the age group? if you're the expert in development and they re the expert in their children what can you do to help them support their children's dev?
Unread 06-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

blokey is on a distinguished road
Hi Did you get anywhere on this as I have got stuck on 3.3. and 3.4 on this unit and my head seriously hurts now!! If I can get this one done this week it will leave me only 2 to do

many thanks

kirsty
Unread 06-10-2012, 03:12 PM

JojoB78 is on a distinguished road

Hi Kirsty

No not yet! I was waiting to see if anyone replied with an example, I just can't get my head around it! I have enjoyed using the Penny Tassoni book throughtout this level 3 as it's helped my stay on the right path but I can't find anything to help support this section! I'm going to attempt it a bit later today! Will keep you posted!

Jo
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:57 PM

pinkz4lyf is on a distinguished road

stuck on this question.... 3.3: Explain and demonstrate strategies for supporting parents to meet the needs of a specified age group of children. any help would be great.
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi you need to specify an age group of children - the age range that you have contact with?

If you recognise that parents have the greatest knowledge about thier child and children you are in the best position to support their understanding of child development and the way in which children develop - emotionally, physically, intellectually and where a parent can go if they are concerned or curious about their child's development.

What links do you currently have with parents that enable you to support them and by doing so, support thier child?

Being a 'demonstrate criteria you may find it's observed by your assessor when they next visit.

This research will help find out more about parenting and children's early experiences:
http://peal.org.uk/about-us/links/pe...rch-links.aspx
Every parent matters 2007
Ireland's Aistear parenting partnerships - an excellent read

The reading will enable you to identify some of the strategies that happen in your setting, which might include ideas on sharing, providing and listening to the information that parents provide and strategies such as:
  • Organising meetings and group activities
  • Inviting feedback from parents - ask for their ideas, suggestions
  • Use daily routines to chat with parents about their child - discover happenings, interests, culture and traditions
  • Share details of the early years framework that a setting has in place
  • Use a notice board to maintain contact for news and display boards to celebrate children's participation.
  • Know about costs, fees and funding to support children's attendance
  • Identify any parenting support programmes available locally - http://www8.triplep.net/
  • Provide a single point of contact so parents are aware thy can approah the setting at any time and the setting will endeavour to support them in any way they can.
  • Know about a child and families home learning environment - source places that can offer additional stimuli in homes eg. library loans, toy lending, sensory supplies, growth and development charts - height, healthy foods, teeth growth & loss
  • Distribute paper based and email news that broaden knowledge on children's expected stages of development, safety at home, health & nutrition, dental and hair care, behaviour, community events and local services eg tourist attractions, transport ..
  • Know referal procedures to support parents in the accessing of professional services - contating GP surgries, health visitors, social servies, speech, language & communiation
I hope this helps a little more
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM

pinkz4lyf is on a distinguished road

0-5 years